TT User Setup Documentation
- Getting Started
- User Administration Basics
User Administration: Administrative Users
- Creating and Editing Administrative Users
- Creating a Super Administrator
- Creating a Broker Administrator - X_TRADER ASP
- Allowing Buy-side Administrators to Manage Product Limits (X_TRADER ASP)
- Creating a Group Administrator (non-X_TRADER ASP only)
- Creating a Gateway Login Administrator (non-X_TRADER ASP only)
- Creating a Password Administrator (non-X_TRADER ASP only)
- Creating a View Only User
- Creating a Collect Log Files Only User
- Configuring the Outgoing Email Settings
User Administration: X TRADER® Or X RISK® Users
- Creating and Editing X_TRADER or X_RISK Users
- Applying Basic User Properties
- Customizing Billing Data for a User - X_TRADER ASP only
- Configuring User Risk Settings for a User
- Setting Application Permissions
- SettingTrade Permissions
- Creating and Managing X_TRADER Customer Defaults
- Customer Defaults and Algo Defaults MiFID II
- Allowingor Blocking Product Groups for Specific Markets
- Applying X_RISK Permissions
- Creating a New Gateway Login through the Users Window
- Generating a Gateway Login for all Gateways
- Assigning Gateway Logins to a User Through the Users Window
- Setting Account Permissions
User Administration: FIX Adapter
- TT FIX Adapter and TT User Setup Overview
- Setting Up a TT FIX Adapter Server (non-X_TRADER ASP)
- SettingUp a FIX Adapter Client User
- Setting Up an AccountDefault
- FIX Adapter Account Defaults MiFID II
- Assigning TT FIX Adapter Client(s) to a FIX Adapter Server
- Allowing or Blocking Product Groups for a FIX Adapter User
- User Maintenance
- Gateway Login Administration Basics
Creating Gateway Logins
- Creating a New Gateway Login
- Assigning the MemberGroupTrader ID
- Disabling Start-of-Day Records
- Assigning Gateways to Gateway Logins
- Mapping a TTORD to an Exchange Trader
- Adding Gateways to Existing TTORDs
- Assigning Accounts
- Configuring Risk
- AssigningUsers to a Gateway Login
- Editing a User's Gateway Login Attributes
- Assigning Gateways to Multiple Gateway Logins
- Account Group Administration
- Account Administration
- Order Passing Group Administration (X_TRADER ASP)
- Gateway Login Risk Administration
Account And Account Group Risk Administration
- Adding Account-Level Risk Checking
- Adding Account Group-Level Risk Checking
- Creating Product Limits for Accounts and Account Groups
- Enabling Duplicate Order Check for Accounts and Account Groups
- Creating Contract Level Overrides
- Contract Limits Overview
- Creating Margin Limits for Accounts and Account Groups
- Applying Account-BasedRisk to Wholesale Trades
- Configuring Wholesale Order Overrides
- Copying Product Limits to Additional Accounts or Account Groups
- Copying Account-Based Product Limits to Additional Gateways
- Copying MGT-based Product Limits to Account-Based Product Limits
- User Level Risk Checking
- User Group Administration
- Publishing To Guardian
- Disabling Trading for a Trading Environment
- Collecting Log Files
- Using Version Control Rules
- Resetting the Guardian Exchange Tree (non-X_TRADER ASP only)
- Editing the Currency Exchange Rates
- Adding and Deleting Currencies
- Editing Product Margins
- Viewing and Clearing Product Margin Conflicts
- Viewing and Publishing Licenses
- Migrating Users to a New Gateway
- Understanding Server Messages
- System Settings
- Enabling Two-factor Authentication
- How to Setup a New User Who Will Trade Using a TTORD Gateway Login
- How to Map an Additional Gateway Login to an Existing TTORD User
- How to Set Up an Administrator Who Uses Both X_RISK and TT User Setup
- How to Set Up a Third-party Risk Administrator
- How to Create a New User by Copying an Existing User
- How to Assign Existing Product Limits to Other Gateway Login IDs Simultaneously
- How to Change Multiple Product Limit Values Simultaneously
- How to Set Up Customer Defaults
- How to Update Customer Defaults Across Multiple Users Simultaneously
- How to Change the Message Users Receive When Their Logins Fail
- How to Use Wildcard Characters in Filters
- How to Set Up a Tiered Administrator
- How to Set Up a Drop Copy TT FIX Adapter Server and Corresponding FIX Adapter Clients
- How to Set Up an Order Routing TT FIX Adapter Server and Corresponding FIX Adapter Clients
- How to Set up a User for Autospreader SE or Synthetic SE
- Creating TT SIM Credit Limits and Product Limits
How to Set Up a Tiered Administrator
You are viewing TT User Setup Version 7.17 and higher. For earlier versions, click here
In this tutorial you will learn how to setup a new Group Administrator (AMURPHY). After creating the Group Admin user, you will give the user access to the user group (Chicago) that you will also create. In addition, this tutorial will illustrate how to assign gateway logins to a user group, select the user groups that a group administrator can manage, enable the permission to create direct trader gateway logins, and edit the user group of multiple users.
To set up a group administrator...
- Select (Users) from the TT User Setup
The Users window appears.
- From the Users window, click New.
The New User window appears.
- On the User
Settings Logintab, enter the appropriate login data,
including Username (e.g. AMURPHY), and any additional data
in the applicable fields.
- Click Save.
- Click the Administrator
Settingstab and select the Group Administration option.
- Ensure the Able to create Direct Trader Gateway Logins option is selected.
- If the group that this administrator
will manage is not in the Available User Groups list, click Create.
The New User Group window appears.
- Enter the Name of a new group
(e.g. Chicago), and click Save.
The new group is added automatically to the Can only manage the following User Groups pane.
Note: If the Default(s) option is checked, any direct traders created by the Group Administrator automatically go into that default group (e.g. Chicago).
- Click Save and then click Close.
- From the Users window,
select (highlight) multiple users and click Edit.
The following warning appears.
- On the Edit Multiple Records warning,
click OK to proceed.
The Edit Multiple Users window appears.
- From the User group field,
click Select Group.
The Select User Groupwindow appears.
- Highlight the Chicago option in the User Group column and click Select.
- On the Edit Multiple Users window, click Save and then Close.
- Close the Users window.
- From the User Admin menu,
select User Groups.
The User Groups window appears.
- Click the Chicago user group,
and click Assign Gateway Logins.
The Assign Gateway Logins to User Group 'Chicago' window appears.
Note: The Assign Gateway Logins section shows that you inherit any gateway logins mapped to the users you added to the user group. This rule also applies to accounts.
- Assign additional gateway logins and click Save.
- To test the group administrator's permissions, logout of TT User Setup, and then log back in using the login of the user you created (e.g. AMURPHY). If this is the first time logging in, the system prompts you to change the password.
The Users window only displays the users that belong to the group(s) that the group administrator is allowed to manage.