TT User Setup Documentation
- Getting Started
- User Administration Basics
User Administration: Administrative Users
- Creating and Editing Administrative Users
- Creating a Super Administrator
- Creating a Broker Administrator - X_TRADER ASP
- Allowing Buy-side Administrators to Manage Product Limits (X_TRADER ASP)
- Creating a Group Administrator (non-X_TRADER ASP only)
- Creating a Gateway Login Administrator (non-X_TRADER ASP only)
- Creating a Password Administrator (non-X_TRADER ASP only)
- Creating a View Only User
- Creating a Collect Log Files Only User
- Configuring the Outgoing Email Settings
User Administration: X TRADER® Or X RISK® Users
- Creating and Editing X_TRADER or X_RISK Users
- Applying Basic User Properties
- Customizing Billing Data for a User - X_TRADER ASP only
- Configuring User Risk Settings for a User
- Setting Application Permissions
- SettingTrade Permissions
- Creating and Managing X_TRADER Customer Defaults
- Customer Defaults and Algo Defaults MiFID II
- Allowingor Blocking Product Groups for Specific Markets
- Applying X_RISK Permissions
- Creating a New Gateway Login through the Users Window
- Generating a Gateway Login for all Gateways
- Assigning Gateway Logins to a User Through the Users Window
- Setting Account Permissions
User Administration: FIX Adapter
- TT FIX Adapter and TT User Setup Overview
- Setting Up a TT FIX Adapter Server (non-X_TRADER ASP)
- SettingUp a FIX Adapter Client User
- Setting Up an AccountDefault
- FIX Adapter Account Defaults MiFID II
- Assigning TT FIX Adapter Client(s) to a FIX Adapter Server
- Allowing or Blocking Product Groups for a FIX Adapter User
- User Maintenance
- Gateway Login Administration Basics
Creating Gateway Logins
- Creating a New Gateway Login
- Assigning the MemberGroupTrader ID
- Disabling Start-of-Day Records
- Assigning Gateways to Gateway Logins
- Mapping a TTORD to an Exchange Trader
- Adding Gateways to Existing TTORDs
- Assigning Accounts
- Configuring Risk
- AssigningUsers to a Gateway Login
- Editing a User's Gateway Login Attributes
- Assigning Gateways to Multiple Gateway Logins
- Account Group Administration
- Account Administration
- Order Passing Group Administration (X_TRADER ASP)
- Gateway Login Risk Administration
Account And Account Group Risk Administration
- Adding Account-Level Risk Checking
- Adding Account Group-Level Risk Checking
- Creating Product Limits for Accounts and Account Groups
- Enabling Duplicate Order Check for Accounts and Account Groups
- Creating Contract Level Overrides
- Contract Limits Overview
- Creating Margin Limits for Accounts and Account Groups
- Applying Account-BasedRisk to Wholesale Trades
- Configuring Wholesale Order Overrides
- Copying Product Limits to Additional Accounts or Account Groups
- Copying Account-Based Product Limits to Additional Gateways
- Copying MGT-based Product Limits to Account-Based Product Limits
- User Level Risk Checking
- User Group Administration
- Publishing To Guardian
- Disabling Trading for a Trading Environment
- Collecting Log Files
- Using Version Control Rules
- Resetting the Guardian Exchange Tree (non-X_TRADER ASP only)
- Editing the Currency Exchange Rates
- Adding and Deleting Currencies
- Editing Product Margins
- Viewing and Clearing Product Margin Conflicts
- Viewing and Publishing Licenses
- Migrating Users to a New Gateway
- Understanding Server Messages
- System Settings
- Enabling Two-factor Authentication
- How to Setup a New User Who Will Trade Using a TTORD Gateway Login
- How to Map an Additional Gateway Login to an Existing TTORD User
- How to Set Up an Administrator Who Uses Both X_RISK and TT User Setup
- How to Set Up a Third-party Risk Administrator
- How to Create a New User by Copying an Existing User
- How to Assign Existing Product Limits to Other Gateway Login IDs Simultaneously
- How to Change Multiple Product Limit Values Simultaneously
- How to Set Up Customer Defaults
- How to Update Customer Defaults Across Multiple Users Simultaneously
- How to Change the Message Users Receive When Their Logins Fail
- How to Use Wildcard Characters in Filters
- How to Set Up a Tiered Administrator
- How to Set Up a Drop Copy TT FIX Adapter Server and Corresponding FIX Adapter Clients
- How to Set Up an Order Routing TT FIX Adapter Server and Corresponding FIX Adapter Clients
- How to Set up a User for Autospreader SE or Synthetic SE
- Creating TT SIM Credit Limits and Product Limits
How to Set Up an Administrator Who Uses Both X_RISK and TT User Setup
You are viewing TT User Setup Version 7.17 and higher. For earlier versions, click here
In this tutorial you will learn to create an admin-type user (Mark) that is able to log into both X_RISK and TT User Setup. In addition, you will set up Mark so that he can create new users, assign risk parameters in TT User Setup, publish SODs, and monitor trading via X_RISK.
Note: As part of the administrator setup procedure, you should set up an administrator email account for the dissemination of newly generated passwords. For the procedure for setting up such an account, refer to the topic Configuring the Outgoing Email Settings.
To set up an administrator who uses both X_RISK and TT User Setup...
- Select (Users) from the TT User Setup Control Panel.
- From the Users window, click New.
The New User window appears.
- On the User Settings Login tab, enter the following:
- Assign Mark a Username, Display name, and Password.
- Ensure that the Active option is checked to activate the user login.
- Select Password never expires.
- Click the Administrator
Permissions tab, click to select either Super Administrator or Group Administrator.
Note: If you select the Group Administrator option, you must assign at least one user group to that group Administrator.
- Click the X_RISK Properties tab,
and then select the X_RISK options as needed.
Note: Selecting any of the X_RISK options allows Mark to monitor risk via X_RISK. If you allow Mark to publish manual fills or start-Of-Day records, you can restrict Mark to publishing only to accounts that exist in specified user groups by checking the Restrict X_RISK administrator to publishing ... option.
- Select the Gateway Logins tab.
- Click New.
The New Gateway Login window appears.
Note: You may instead select to click the Assign Existing Logins button. For a detailed description of that procedure, refer to the Assigning Gateway Logins to a User Through the Users Window topic.
- Enter a Member, Group,
and Trader (MGT) ID.
Note: Use TTADM for a full admin.
- Click Add
The Select Gateway window appears.
- Select a Market, a Gateway,
and click Select.
Repeat this step for each gateway that Mark would log into.
Note: For Mark, being a TT User Setup user, the newly created gateway login can be used to log into X_RISK.
- On the Edit
User window, click Save.
Mark's new administrator user data appears in the Users window.