TT User Setup Documentation
- Getting Started
- User Administration Basics
User Administration: Administrative Users
- Creating and Editing Administrative Users
- Creating a Super Administrator
- Creating a Broker Administrator - X_TRADER ASP
- Allowing Buy-side Administrators to Manage Product Limits (X_TRADER ASP)
- Creating a Group Administrator (non-X_TRADER ASP only)
- Creating a Gateway Login Administrator (non-X_TRADER ASP only)
- Creating a Password Administrator (non-X_TRADER ASP only)
- Creating a View Only User
- Creating a Collect Log Files Only User
- Configuring the Outgoing Email Settings
User Administration: X TRADER® Or X RISK® Users
- Creating and Editing X_TRADER or X_RISK Users
- Applying Basic User Properties
- Customizing Billing Data for a User - X_TRADER ASP only
- Configuring User Risk Settings for a User
- Setting Application Permissions
- SettingTrade Permissions
- Creating and Managing X_TRADER Customer Defaults
- Customer Defaults and Algo Defaults MiFID II
- Allowingor Blocking Product Groups for Specific Markets
- Applying X_RISK Permissions
- Creating a New Gateway Login through the Users Window
- Generating a Gateway Login for all Gateways
- Assigning Gateway Logins to a User Through the Users Window
- Setting Account Permissions
User Administration: FIX Adapter
- TT FIX Adapter and TT User Setup Overview
- Setting Up a TT FIX Adapter Server (non-X_TRADER ASP)
- SettingUp a FIX Adapter Client User
- Setting Up an AccountDefault
- FIX Adapter Account Defaults MiFID II
- Assigning TT FIX Adapter Client(s) to a FIX Adapter Server
- Allowing or Blocking Product Groups for a FIX Adapter User
- User Maintenance
- Gateway Login Administration Basics
Creating Gateway Logins
- Creating a New Gateway Login
- Assigning the MemberGroupTrader ID
- Disabling Start-of-Day Records
- Assigning Gateways to Gateway Logins
- Mapping a TTORD to an Exchange Trader
- Adding Gateways to Existing TTORDs
- Assigning Accounts
- Configuring Risk
- AssigningUsers to a Gateway Login
- Editing a User's Gateway Login Attributes
- Assigning Gateways to Multiple Gateway Logins
- Account Group Administration
- Account Administration
- Order Passing Group Administration (X_TRADER ASP)
- Gateway Login Risk Administration
Account And Account Group Risk Administration
- Adding Account-Level Risk Checking
- Adding Account Group-Level Risk Checking
- Creating Product Limits for Accounts and Account Groups
- Enabling Duplicate Order Check for Accounts and Account Groups
- Creating Contract Level Overrides
- Contract Limits Overview
- Creating Margin Limits for Accounts and Account Groups
- Applying Account-BasedRisk to Wholesale Trades
- Configuring Wholesale Order Overrides
- Copying Product Limits to Additional Accounts or Account Groups
- Copying Account-Based Product Limits to Additional Gateways
- Copying MGT-based Product Limits to Account-Based Product Limits
- User Level Risk Checking
- User Group Administration
- Publishing To Guardian
- Disabling Trading for a Trading Environment
- Collecting Log Files
- Using Version Control Rules
- Resetting the Guardian Exchange Tree (non-X_TRADER ASP only)
- Editing the Currency Exchange Rates
- Adding and Deleting Currencies
- Editing Product Margins
- Viewing and Clearing Product Margin Conflicts
- Viewing and Publishing Licenses
- Migrating Users to a New Gateway
- Understanding Server Messages
- System Settings
- Enabling Two-factor Authentication
- How to Setup a New User Who Will Trade Using a TTORD Gateway Login
- How to Map an Additional Gateway Login to an Existing TTORD User
- How to Set Up an Administrator Who Uses Both X_RISK and TT User Setup
- How to Set Up a Third-party Risk Administrator
- How to Create a New User by Copying an Existing User
- How to Assign Existing Product Limits to Other Gateway Login IDs Simultaneously
- How to Change Multiple Product Limit Values Simultaneously
- How to Set Up Customer Defaults
- How to Update Customer Defaults Across Multiple Users Simultaneously
- How to Change the Message Users Receive When Their Logins Fail
- How to Use Wildcard Characters in Filters
- How to Set Up a Tiered Administrator
- How to Set Up a Drop Copy TT FIX Adapter Server and Corresponding FIX Adapter Clients
- How to Set Up an Order Routing TT FIX Adapter Server and Corresponding FIX Adapter Clients
- How to Set up a User for Autospreader SE or Synthetic SE
- Creating TT SIM Credit Limits and Product Limits
How to Setup a New User Who Will Trade Using a TTORD Gateway Login
You are viewing TT User Setup Version 7.17 and higher. For earlier versions, click here
In this tutorial you will learn how to setup a new X_TRADER user (John Doe). Using the unique TTORD ID you will create, John can log into, and trade on, several TT gateways. In addition, this tutorial will illustrate how to setup John with pre-trade risk limits, order defaults, account numbers, etc.
To setup a user to trade several markets using X_TRADER and a non-registered trader login...
- Select (Users) from the TT User Setup Control Panel.
- From the Users window, click New.
The New User window appears.
- On the User Settings Login tab, enter the following:
- Enter the X_TRADER Login information. This is the Username and Password the X_TRADER user uses to log in.
- Ensure that the Active option is checked to activate the user login.
- Configure User-Level Risk, if needed.
- From the New User window, click Contact
Information and add contact information.
Note: In X_TRADER ASP, Country and Email are required fields. If you set Country to United States, you must set a zip code.
- Click User Defined Fields and add information, if needed.
- Click User Risk and configure, as needed.
- Click Application Permissions.
- Select the X_TRADER mode (e.g. X_TRADER Pro).
- Configure additional application permissions, as needed.
- From the New User window, click Trade Permissions and configure as needed.
- From the New User window, click Product Group Permissions and configure, as needed.
- From the New User window, click Gateway
Logins and New.
The New Gateway Login window appears.
Note: A new “gateway login” consists, in part of the MGT and corresponding gateways that a user logs into.
On the New Gateway Login window, you can create the unique TTORD ID that John Doe will use when trading. The steps below illustrate mapping John’s TTORD ID to real registered Trader IDs (Exchange Traders) and TT gateways. In addition, follow the steps to setup pre-trade risk parameters that apply to all orders submitted by John’s new TTORD ID.
- To create a TTORD login, enter a Member ID beginning with TTORD
and a Group and Trader ID. The Member ID must be 7 characters or
Note: To prevent John’s MGT from sharing an order book with others, the Member and Group fields must be unique.
- Click Map to Exchange Traders.
The Map Exchange Trader to window appears, whereby for example, you can map TTORDJS 001 001 to registered trader IDs.
- If there are no available exchange traders, you can create one
by clicking Create.
The New Exchange Trader window appears.
- Click the Market field or the ... button,
select a Gateway, and then click Select.
The Market and Gateway fields automatically populate with your selection.
- Complete the Member, Group, and Trader fields and click Save.
- Click the Market field or the ... button, select a Gateway, and then click Select.
- If there are available exchange traders in the Map Exchange Trader window, you can skip step 3, and use the arrow buttons to transfer multiple IDs from the Available Exchange Traders section to the Selected Exchange Traders section.
- Click Done.
- On the New Gateway Login window, click Assign Accounts.
Note: Beginning with TT User Setup 7.17, account information is no longer required for gateway logins. However, accounts are required for TTORDs if applicable clients, servers, and gateways have not been upgraded to a minimum of version 7.17.
The Assign Accounts window displays a list of all accounts.
- Using the arrow buttons, transfer one or more records from the Available Accounts section to the Selected Accounts pane.
- If there are not available accounts to select, click Create.
- On the New Account window, enter the Account name and Account description and then click Save. You can also enter configure account-based risk from the New Account window (refer to the Account Administration Overview topic if needed).
- On the Assign Accounts window, click Done.
- On the Gateway Login window, either uncheck the Risk
Check setting or click the New Product Limit button to
set up product limits for John to trade.
Note: Because John’s TTORD is mapped to CME, you should set up product limits that apply to the CME gateway. As such, John can trade all Futures on CME and is subject to the limits illustrated above.
On the New Product Limit window, apply any applicable limits and then click Save.
All newly created data appears in the New Gateway Login window.
Note: For a detailed description of product limit functionality, refer to the product limit topics in the User Risk section.
- In the Risk Check section, check the Trading Allowed option
for this TTORD.
Note: When the Trading Allowed option is not checked, all orders placed by this MGT are rejected.
- On the New
Gateway Login window, click Save.
Note: The newly created gateway login data appears in Gateway Logins on the Edit User window.
- From the New User window, click Customer
Defaults, and enter any applicable customer default data.
For a detailed description of customer default functionality, refer to the customer defaults topics in the Managing Users section.
- From the New User window, click Account Permissions and configure, as needed.
- On the New
User window, click the Save button.
The newly created user and associated data display in the Users window.