TT User Setup Documentation
- Getting Started
- User Administration Basics
User Administration: Administrative Users
- Creating and Editing Administrative Users
- Creating a Super Administrator
- Creating a Broker Administrator - X_TRADER ASP
- Allowing Buy-side Administrators to Manage Product Limits (X_TRADER ASP)
- Creating a Group Administrator (non-X_TRADER ASP only)
- Creating a Gateway Login Administrator (non-X_TRADER ASP only)
- Creating a Password Administrator (non-X_TRADER ASP only)
- Creating a View Only User
- Creating a Collect Log Files Only User
- Configuring the Outgoing Email Settings
User Administration: X TRADER® Or X RISK® Users
- Creating and Editing X_TRADER or X_RISK Users
- Applying Basic User Properties
- Customizing Billing Data for a User - X_TRADER ASP only
- Configuring User Risk Settings for a User
- Setting Application Permissions
- SettingTrade Permissions
- Creating and Managing X_TRADER Customer Defaults
- Customer Defaults and Algo Defaults MiFID II
- Allowingor Blocking Product Groups for Specific Markets
- Applying X_RISK Permissions
- Creating a New Gateway Login through the Users Window
- Generating a Gateway Login for all Gateways
- Assigning Gateway Logins to a User Through the Users Window
- Setting Account Permissions
User Administration: FIX Adapter
- TT FIX Adapter and TT User Setup Overview
- Setting Up a TT FIX Adapter Server (non-X_TRADER ASP)
- SettingUp a FIX Adapter Client User
- Setting Up an AccountDefault
- FIX Adapter Account Defaults MiFID II
- Assigning TT FIX Adapter Client(s) to a FIX Adapter Server
- Allowing or Blocking Product Groups for a FIX Adapter User
- User Maintenance
- Gateway Login Administration Basics
Creating Gateway Logins
- Creating a New Gateway Login
- Assigning the MemberGroupTrader ID
- Disabling Start-of-Day Records
- Assigning Gateways to Gateway Logins
- Mapping a TTORD to an Exchange Trader
- Adding Gateways to Existing TTORDs
- Assigning Accounts
- Configuring Risk
- AssigningUsers to a Gateway Login
- Editing a User's Gateway Login Attributes
- Assigning Gateways to Multiple Gateway Logins
- Account Group Administration
- Account Administration
- Order Passing Group Administration (X_TRADER ASP)
- Gateway Login Risk Administration
Account And Account Group Risk Administration
- Adding Account-Level Risk Checking
- Adding Account Group-Level Risk Checking
- Creating Product Limits for Accounts and Account Groups
- Enabling Duplicate Order Check for Accounts and Account Groups
- Creating Contract Level Overrides
- Contract Limits Overview
- Creating Margin Limits for Accounts and Account Groups
- Applying Account-BasedRisk to Wholesale Trades
- Configuring Wholesale Order Overrides
- Copying Product Limits to Additional Accounts or Account Groups
- Copying Account-Based Product Limits to Additional Gateways
- Copying MGT-based Product Limits to Account-Based Product Limits
- User Level Risk Checking
- User Group Administration
- Publishing To Guardian
- Disabling Trading for a Trading Environment
- Collecting Log Files
- Using Version Control Rules
- Resetting the Guardian Exchange Tree (non-X_TRADER ASP only)
- Editing the Currency Exchange Rates
- Adding and Deleting Currencies
- Editing Product Margins
- Viewing and Clearing Product Margin Conflicts
- Viewing and Publishing Licenses
- Migrating Users to a New Gateway
- Understanding Server Messages
- System Settings
- Enabling Two-factor Authentication
- How to Setup a New User Who Will Trade Using a TTORD Gateway Login
- How to Map an Additional Gateway Login to an Existing TTORD User
- How to Set Up an Administrator Who Uses Both X_RISK and TT User Setup
- How to Set Up a Third-party Risk Administrator
- How to Create a New User by Copying an Existing User
- How to Assign Existing Product Limits to Other Gateway Login IDs Simultaneously
- How to Change Multiple Product Limit Values Simultaneously
- How to Set Up Customer Defaults
- How to Update Customer Defaults Across Multiple Users Simultaneously
- How to Change the Message Users Receive When Their Logins Fail
- How to Use Wildcard Characters in Filters
- How to Set Up a Tiered Administrator
- How to Set Up a Drop Copy TT FIX Adapter Server and Corresponding FIX Adapter Clients
- How to Set Up an Order Routing TT FIX Adapter Server and Corresponding FIX Adapter Clients
- How to Set up a User for Autospreader SE or Synthetic SE
- Creating TT SIM Credit Limits and Product Limits
Creating a Group Administrator (non-X_TRADER ASP only)
You are viewing TT User Setup Version 7.17 and higher. For earlier versions, click here
A Group Administrator can view, edit, and create users, gateway logins, and accounts that exist in one of the groups the administrator is designated to manage. A Group Administrator must be configured to manage at least one user group, and could potentially manage all of the user groups. The Group Administrator options is not applicable to X_TRADER ASP.
Depending on the options selected, the Group Administrator can also manage Gateway Logins, manage Direct Trader Gateway Logins (or be restricted to only TTORD Gateway Logins), and manage accounts and account-based risk (or be prevented from managing accounts, account-based risk, and broker-related user settings).
Note: Group administrators can be prevented from creating and managing Gateway Logins, managing account-based risk, and/or limited to only creating and managing TTORD Gateway Logins.
To create a Group Administrator in a non-X_TRADER ASP environment...
- Select (Users) from the TT User Setup Control Panel.
- From the Users window, click New.
The New User window appears.
Note: To give an existing user administrative privileges, select the user from the Users window and click Edit.
- Edit any Login, Contact, or User Defined fields as needed.
- Click the Administrator Settings tab and select the Group Administrator option from the Administrator Type drop-down menu.
- To allow this administrator to manage gateway logins, check
the Manage Gateway Logins option.
Note: When copying a user, a Group Administrator cannot copy the user’s gateway login(s) unless this option is checked.
- To allow this Group Administrator to create and edit Direct
Trader gateway logins, check the Create Direct Trader Gateway
When the option is unchecked, this administrator can only create and edit TTORDs.
- To allow this Group Administrator to create accounts/account
groups and manage account risk limits, check the Manage accounts
and broker-specific user settings option.
When the option is unchecked, this administrator can only create new gateway logins and manage risk for existing gateway logins.
Note: When unchecked, this option allows the Group Administrator to assign gateway logins. However, traders will not be able to use the logins until an administrator with permission to manage account risk limits approves the login assignments by checking the Available to User and/or Available to FIX Client options.
- At the bottom of the window, the Available User Groups list displays the user groups that you can assign to the administrator to manage. More than one administrator can manage the same group.
- Using the transfer arrow buttons (>, >>, <, <<), move one or more user groups from the Available User Groups list to the Can only manage the following User Group list.
- After adding the groups to the list, check the Default(s) option
to assign any users, gateway logins, or accounts created by this
administrator to the checked user groups.
Note: You must select at least one user group as the Default user group.
For example, if a user group named Chicago is selected as a Default, when the group administrator creates a gateway login, it will be automatically assigned to the Chicago user group.
- Click Save.
- Skip to the Configuring the Outgoing Email Settings topic.
You successfully created a Group Administrator.