TT User Setup Documentation
- Getting Started
- User Administration Basics
User Administration: Administrative Users
- Creating and Editing Administrative Users
- Creating a Super Administrator
- Creating a Broker Administrator - X_TRADER ASP
- Allowing Buy-side Administrators to Manage Product Limits (X_TRADER ASP)
- Creating a Group Administrator (non-X_TRADER ASP only)
- Creating a Gateway Login Administrator (non-X_TRADER ASP only)
- Creating a Password Administrator (non-X_TRADER ASP only)
- Creating a View Only User
- Creating a Collect Log Files Only User
- Configuring the Outgoing Email Settings
User Administration: X TRADER® Or X RISK® Users
- Creating and Editing X_TRADER or X_RISK Users
- Applying Basic User Properties
- Customizing Billing Data for a User - X_TRADER ASP only
- Configuring User Risk Settings for a User
- Setting Application Permissions
- SettingTrade Permissions
- Creating and Managing X_TRADER Customer Defaults
- Customer Defaults and Algo Defaults MiFID II
- Allowingor Blocking Product Groups for Specific Markets
- Applying X_RISK Permissions
- Creating a New Gateway Login through the Users Window
- Generating a Gateway Login for all Gateways
- Assigning Gateway Logins to a User Through the Users Window
- Setting Account Permissions
User Administration: FIX Adapter
- TT FIX Adapter and TT User Setup Overview
- Setting Up a TT FIX Adapter Server (non-X_TRADER ASP)
- SettingUp a FIX Adapter Client User
- Setting Up an AccountDefault
- FIX Adapter Account Defaults MiFID II
- Assigning TT FIX Adapter Client(s) to a FIX Adapter Server
- Allowing or Blocking Product Groups for a FIX Adapter User
- User Maintenance
- Gateway Login Administration Basics
Creating Gateway Logins
- Creating a New Gateway Login
- Assigning the MemberGroupTrader ID
- Disabling Start-of-Day Records
- Assigning Gateways to Gateway Logins
- Mapping a TTORD to an Exchange Trader
- Adding Gateways to Existing TTORDs
- Assigning Accounts
- Configuring Risk
- AssigningUsers to a Gateway Login
- Editing a User's Gateway Login Attributes
- Assigning Gateways to Multiple Gateway Logins
- Account Group Administration
- Account Administration
- Order Passing Group Administration (X_TRADER ASP)
- Gateway Login Risk Administration
Account And Account Group Risk Administration
- Adding Account-Level Risk Checking
- Adding Account Group-Level Risk Checking
- Creating Product Limits for Accounts and Account Groups
- Enabling Duplicate Order Check for Accounts and Account Groups
- Creating Contract Level Overrides
- Contract Limits Overview
- Creating Margin Limits for Accounts and Account Groups
- Applying Account-BasedRisk to Wholesale Trades
- Configuring Wholesale Order Overrides
- Copying Product Limits to Additional Accounts or Account Groups
- Copying Account-Based Product Limits to Additional Gateways
- Copying MGT-based Product Limits to Account-Based Product Limits
- User Level Risk Checking
- User Group Administration
- Publishing To Guardian
- Disabling Trading for a Trading Environment
- Collecting Log Files
- Using Version Control Rules
- Resetting the Guardian Exchange Tree (non-X_TRADER ASP only)
- Editing the Currency Exchange Rates
- Adding and Deleting Currencies
- Editing Product Margins
- Viewing and Clearing Product Margin Conflicts
- Viewing and Publishing Licenses
- Migrating Users to a New Gateway
- Understanding Server Messages
- System Settings
- Enabling Two-factor Authentication
- How to Setup a New User Who Will Trade Using a TTORD Gateway Login
- How to Map an Additional Gateway Login to an Existing TTORD User
- How to Set Up an Administrator Who Uses Both X_RISK and TT User Setup
- How to Set Up a Third-party Risk Administrator
- How to Create a New User by Copying an Existing User
- How to Assign Existing Product Limits to Other Gateway Login IDs Simultaneously
- How to Change Multiple Product Limit Values Simultaneously
- How to Set Up Customer Defaults
- How to Update Customer Defaults Across Multiple Users Simultaneously
- How to Change the Message Users Receive When Their Logins Fail
- How to Use Wildcard Characters in Filters
- How to Set Up a Tiered Administrator
- How to Set Up a Drop Copy TT FIX Adapter Server and Corresponding FIX Adapter Clients
- How to Set Up an Order Routing TT FIX Adapter Server and Corresponding FIX Adapter Clients
- How to Set up a User for Autospreader SE or Synthetic SE
- Creating TT SIM Credit Limits and Product Limits
SettingUp a FIX Adapter Client User
Use TT User Setup to configure a FIX Adapter client, which connects to Order Routing or Drop Copy TT FIX Adapter servers.
When creating a TT FIX Adapter client user that connects to an Order Routing TT FIX Adapter, you must also designate one or more sets of credentials (gateway logins) that will be used to route orders. This procedure is similar to setting up a TTORD in Guardian, except in TT User Setup you can create the TTORD and assign it to a FIX Adapter client in one step. The gateway logins to which a FIX Adapter client user is assigned determine how the Client submits orders, and to which orders and fills the Client can subscribe.
A FIX Adapter client user can be assigned to more than one TTORD gateway login per Gateway, or a single Direct Trader gateway login per Gateway.
Note: The FIX Client can only log into a FIX Adapter that is configured to route orders that the FIX Client can also route.Example 1: Assume a FIX client user has a gateway login for CME-A with MGT: TTORD AAA 001, and a FIX Adapter has a gateway login for CME-A with MGT: TTORD BBB MGR. In this case, the FIX Adapter is unable to load orders and fills for the FIX Client. TT User Setup will not allow the FIX client user to log in.Example 2: Assume a FIX client user has a gateway login for CME-A with MGT: TTORD AAA 001, and a FIX Adapter has a gateway login for CME-A with MGT: TTORD XXX MGR. In this case, the FIX Adapter and the FIX Adapter client have compatible MGTs. TT User Setup allows the FIX client user to log in.
To set up a FIX Adapter client user...
- From the TT User Setup Control
Panel, open the User Admin menu and click Users.
The Users window appears.
- Click New.
The New User window appears.
On the User Settings tab, Contact Information tab, User Defined field tab, and Risk Management tab, enter the FIX Adapter client user's Login, Contact information, User-Level Risk, and UserDefined fields as needed. The Username is the RemoteCompId, and the Password is the password used to authenticate the Client on the FIX Adapter Server.
Note: Because The TT FIX Adapter cannot connect to a FIX client with an expired password, FIX Client user passwords never expire.
The following table describes options that allow or prevent connectivity in specific instances:
Field When orders will be rejected Active If the Active option is unchecked, the FIX client is considered "inactive" and therefor cannot log into TT FIX Adapter. Force logoff If the Force logoff option is checked, the TT FIX Adapter will disconnect the FIX client. The FIX client cannot log back in until the Force logoff option is unchecked.
The following shows the Login section of the User Settings tab for new TT FIX Adapter Client, AB.
Configure the options on the Trade Permissions tab as needed. Refer to the New User and Edit User Window Fields topic for descriptions of these fields.
The following table describes options that can cause orders to be rejected in specific instances. These settings only apply to FIX clients of Order Routing FIX Adapters.
Field When orders will be rejected Trading allowed If the Trading Allowed option is unchecked the TT FIX Adapter will rejectall orders from the FIX client. GTC/GTDate orders If the GTC/GTDate orders option is unchecked the TT FIX Adapter will rejectall GTC and GTDate orders sent by the FIX client. Prevent orders that are more than X ticks away from the market price
If the Prevent orders... option is checked the TT FIX Adapter will reject any orders that are submitted with a price that is outside the defined price band. Additionally, it will reject orders if it is unable to successfully establish a price subscription for the instrument.
Per TT Gateway, prevent more than X orders per second The TT Gateway will reject all orders that exceed the orders per second limitation.
- Configure the Staged order routing settings
on the Trade Permissions and User Risk tabs as needed.
These settings are valid only when this FIX client connects to an
order routing TT FIX Adapter server.
- To allow the user to create staged orders check the Staged order creation allowed option.
- To allow the user to create DMA orders, check the Direct Market Access (DMA) order creation allowed option.
- Click the Gateway Logins tab.
If the gateway login to which you want to map does not exist, click New and create a new gateway login. For detailed instructions refer to the Creating a New Gateway Login topic. Otherwise, if the gateway login already exists, click the Assign Existing Logins button and select the appropriate MGT(s). For detailed instructions, refer to the Assigning Gateways to Gateway Logins topic.
Make sure to check the Avail to FIX Client option if the FIX client will have access to the gateway login after logging in.
- Click Save.
You have successfully set up a FIX Adapter client user. After completing the Setting Up a TT FIX Adapter Server (non-X_TRADER ASP) topic, continue to the Setting Up an Account Default topic, and then to the Assigning TT FIX Adapter Client(s) to a FIX Adapter Server .