TT User Setup Documentation
- Getting Started
- User Administration Basics
User Administration: Administrative Users
- Creating and Editing Administrative Users
- Creating a Super Administrator
- Creating a Broker Administrator - X_TRADER ASP
- Allowing Buy-side Administrators to Manage Product Limits (X_TRADER ASP)
- Creating a Group Administrator (non-X_TRADER ASP only)
- Creating a Gateway Login Administrator (non-X_TRADER ASP only)
- Creating a Password Administrator (non-X_TRADER ASP only)
- Creating a View Only User
- Creating a Collect Log Files Only User
- Configuring the Outgoing Email Settings
User Administration: X TRADER® Or X RISK® Users
- Creating and Editing X_TRADER or X_RISK Users
- Applying Basic User Properties
- Customizing Billing Data for a User - X_TRADER ASP only
- Configuring User Risk Settings for a User
- Setting Application Permissions
- SettingTrade Permissions
- Creating and Managing X_TRADER Customer Defaults
- Customer Defaults and Algo Defaults MiFID II
- Allowingor Blocking Product Groups for Specific Markets
- Applying X_RISK Permissions
- Creating a New Gateway Login through the Users Window
- Generating a Gateway Login for all Gateways
- Assigning Gateway Logins to a User Through the Users Window
- Setting Account Permissions
User Administration: FIX Adapter
- TT FIX Adapter and TT User Setup Overview
- Setting Up a TT FIX Adapter Server (non-X_TRADER ASP)
- SettingUp a FIX Adapter Client User
- Setting Up an AccountDefault
- FIX Adapter Account Defaults MiFID II
- Assigning TT FIX Adapter Client(s) to a FIX Adapter Server
- Allowing or Blocking Product Groups for a FIX Adapter User
- User Maintenance
- Gateway Login Administration Basics
Creating Gateway Logins
- Creating a New Gateway Login
- Assigning the MemberGroupTrader ID
- Disabling Start-of-Day Records
- Assigning Gateways to Gateway Logins
- Mapping a TTORD to an Exchange Trader
- Adding Gateways to Existing TTORDs
- Assigning Accounts
- Configuring Risk
- AssigningUsers to a Gateway Login
- Editing a User's Gateway Login Attributes
- Assigning Gateways to Multiple Gateway Logins
- Account Group Administration
- Account Administration
- Order Passing Group Administration (X_TRADER ASP)
- Gateway Login Risk Administration
Account And Account Group Risk Administration
- Adding Account-Level Risk Checking
- Adding Account Group-Level Risk Checking
- Creating Product Limits for Accounts and Account Groups
- Enabling Duplicate Order Check for Accounts and Account Groups
- Creating Contract Level Overrides
- Contract Limits Overview
- Creating Margin Limits for Accounts and Account Groups
- Applying Account-BasedRisk to Wholesale Trades
- Configuring Wholesale Order Overrides
- Copying Product Limits to Additional Accounts or Account Groups
- Copying Account-Based Product Limits to Additional Gateways
- Copying MGT-based Product Limits to Account-Based Product Limits
- User Level Risk Checking
- User Group Administration
- Publishing To Guardian
- Disabling Trading for a Trading Environment
- Collecting Log Files
- Using Version Control Rules
- Resetting the Guardian Exchange Tree (non-X_TRADER ASP only)
- Editing the Currency Exchange Rates
- Adding and Deleting Currencies
- Editing Product Margins
- Viewing and Clearing Product Margin Conflicts
- Viewing and Publishing Licenses
- Migrating Users to a New Gateway
- Understanding Server Messages
- System Settings
- Enabling Two-factor Authentication
- How to Setup a New User Who Will Trade Using a TTORD Gateway Login
- How to Map an Additional Gateway Login to an Existing TTORD User
- How to Set Up an Administrator Who Uses Both X_RISK and TT User Setup
- How to Set Up a Third-party Risk Administrator
- How to Create a New User by Copying an Existing User
- How to Assign Existing Product Limits to Other Gateway Login IDs Simultaneously
- How to Change Multiple Product Limit Values Simultaneously
- How to Set Up Customer Defaults
- How to Update Customer Defaults Across Multiple Users Simultaneously
- How to Change the Message Users Receive When Their Logins Fail
- How to Use Wildcard Characters in Filters
- How to Set Up a Tiered Administrator
- How to Set Up a Drop Copy TT FIX Adapter Server and Corresponding FIX Adapter Clients
- How to Set Up an Order Routing TT FIX Adapter Server and Corresponding FIX Adapter Clients
- How to Set up a User for Autospreader SE or Synthetic SE
- Creating TT SIM Credit Limits and Product Limits
Assigning Gateway Logins to a User Through the Users Window
You are viewing TT User Setup Version 7.17 and higher. For earlier versions, click here
If a gateway login already exists, you can assign it to the user. The Assign Existing Logins button opens a Gateway Logins window that displays a list of all the gateway logins that exist, but are not currently assigned to the user.
Note: In X_TRADER ASP, you cannot assign the same Gateway Login to buy-side users from different companies.
Note: TT User Setup 7.17 and X_TRADER 7.17 and later support multiple connections to the same gateway. This feature requires 7.17 versions of TT Software, with the exception of some gateways that support multiple-connections prior to 7.17. The login that you assign to a user can be a different MGT for the same TT Gateway. This is true when creating or assigning one additional MGT or assigning multiple MGTs to the same user in TT User Setup.
To assign Gateway Logins to a selected user...
- Access the Gateway Logins tab for a user
and then click Assign Existing
The Assign Gateway Logins window appears listing the gateway logins currently not assigned to the selected user.
Refer to the New User and Edit User Window Fields topic for descriptions of each field.
Note: To display only exchange traders, check the Hide TTORDs option.
- Select one or more rows and then click Assign.
Note: Click New to create a new gateway login. You can assign any logins you create to the user.
The login is assigned to the selected user(s).
- If you are assigning this user multiple Gateway Logins to the
same TT Gateway (e.g., two connections to the CME-A Gateway), consider
- You cannot assign two gateway logins to the same user if it would result in routing duplicate orders. For example, if TTORDAB/001/001 and TTORDAB/001/002 are both configured for CME-A, then you cannot assign both of these TTORDs to a user (the “M” and “G” are the same).
- You also cannot assign Gateway logins with the same Member and Group to users in different companies in a X_TRADER ASP environment.
- Multiple connections cannot be assigned to the same SE (Strategy Engine) gateway.
- Not all TT Gateways support multiple connections before version 7.17.
- If the user will be logging in with X_TRADER 7.17 or later, they will be allowed to select the preferred gateway when routing the order. You can select the default gateway when configuring the user’s customer defaults in TT User Setup or in X_TRADER.
- The same user cannot be assigned an administrative login (where
Group = XXX; for example, TRTT3XXXMGR) and any of the following:
- a TTORD or direct trader login that shares the same Member value (e.g., M = TRTT3).
- A TTORD that maps to a direct trader that shares a Member with the administrative Gateway Login.
- A Direct Trader that could be mapped to by any TTORD that shares a Member with the administrative Gateway Login.
- Click Save.