TT User Setup Documentation
- Getting Started
- User Administration Basics
User Administration: Administrative Users
- Creating and Editing Administrative Users
- Creating a Super Administrator
- Creating a Broker Administrator - X_TRADER ASP
- Allowing Buy-side Administrators to Manage Product Limits (X_TRADER ASP)
- Creating a Group Administrator (non-X_TRADER ASP only)
- Creating a Gateway Login Administrator (non-X_TRADER ASP only)
- Creating a Password Administrator (non-X_TRADER ASP only)
- Creating a View Only User
- Creating a Collect Log Files Only User
- Configuring the Outgoing Email Settings
User Administration: X TRADER® Or X RISK® Users
- Creating and Editing X_TRADER or X_RISK Users
- Applying Basic User Properties
- Customizing Billing Data for a User - X_TRADER ASP only
- Configuring User Risk Settings for a User
- Setting Application Permissions
- SettingTrade Permissions
- Creating and Managing X_TRADER Customer Defaults
- Customer Defaults and Algo Defaults MiFID II
- Allowingor Blocking Product Groups for Specific Markets
- Applying X_RISK Permissions
- Creating a New Gateway Login through the Users Window
- Generating a Gateway Login for all Gateways
- Assigning Gateway Logins to a User Through the Users Window
- Setting Account Permissions
User Administration: FIX Adapter
- TT FIX Adapter and TT User Setup Overview
- Setting Up a TT FIX Adapter Server (non-X_TRADER ASP)
- SettingUp a FIX Adapter Client User
- Setting Up an AccountDefault
- FIX Adapter Account Defaults MiFID II
- Assigning TT FIX Adapter Client(s) to a FIX Adapter Server
- Allowing or Blocking Product Groups for a FIX Adapter User
- User Maintenance
- Gateway Login Administration Basics
Creating Gateway Logins
- Creating a New Gateway Login
- Assigning the MemberGroupTrader ID
- Disabling Start-of-Day Records
- Assigning Gateways to Gateway Logins
- Mapping a TTORD to an Exchange Trader
- Adding Gateways to Existing TTORDs
- Assigning Accounts
- Configuring Risk
- AssigningUsers to a Gateway Login
- Editing a User's Gateway Login Attributes
- Assigning Gateways to Multiple Gateway Logins
- Account Group Administration
- Account Administration
- Order Passing Group Administration (X_TRADER ASP)
- Gateway Login Risk Administration
Account And Account Group Risk Administration
- Adding Account-Level Risk Checking
- Adding Account Group-Level Risk Checking
- Creating Product Limits for Accounts and Account Groups
- Enabling Duplicate Order Check for Accounts and Account Groups
- Creating Contract Level Overrides
- Contract Limits Overview
- Creating Margin Limits for Accounts and Account Groups
- Applying Account-BasedRisk to Wholesale Trades
- Configuring Wholesale Order Overrides
- Copying Product Limits to Additional Accounts or Account Groups
- Copying Account-Based Product Limits to Additional Gateways
- Copying MGT-based Product Limits to Account-Based Product Limits
- User Level Risk Checking
- User Group Administration
- Publishing To Guardian
- Disabling Trading for a Trading Environment
- Collecting Log Files
- Using Version Control Rules
- Resetting the Guardian Exchange Tree (non-X_TRADER ASP only)
- Editing the Currency Exchange Rates
- Adding and Deleting Currencies
- Editing Product Margins
- Viewing and Clearing Product Margin Conflicts
- Viewing and Publishing Licenses
- Migrating Users to a New Gateway
- Understanding Server Messages
- System Settings
- Enabling Two-factor Authentication
- How to Setup a New User Who Will Trade Using a TTORD Gateway Login
- How to Map an Additional Gateway Login to an Existing TTORD User
- How to Set Up an Administrator Who Uses Both X_RISK and TT User Setup
- How to Set Up a Third-party Risk Administrator
- How to Create a New User by Copying an Existing User
- How to Assign Existing Product Limits to Other Gateway Login IDs Simultaneously
- How to Change Multiple Product Limit Values Simultaneously
- How to Set Up Customer Defaults
- How to Update Customer Defaults Across Multiple Users Simultaneously
- How to Change the Message Users Receive When Their Logins Fail
- How to Use Wildcard Characters in Filters
- How to Set Up a Tiered Administrator
- How to Set Up a Drop Copy TT FIX Adapter Server and Corresponding FIX Adapter Clients
- How to Set Up an Order Routing TT FIX Adapter Server and Corresponding FIX Adapter Clients
- How to Set up a User for Autospreader SE or Synthetic SE
- Creating TT SIM Credit Limits and Product Limits
Assigning User Groups to Gateway Logins
You are viewing TT User Setup Version 7.17 and higher. For earlier versions, click here
As with users, gateway logins can be assigned to user groups. If a gateway login is assigned to a user group, any administrator of that user group can manage the gateway login.
However, gateway logins automatically inherit the user groups associated with any users mapped to those gateway logins. consequently, you only need to assign groups to gateway logins for users that do not have gateway logins assigned.
The rules for inheriting user group permissions include the following:
- When a user is mapped to a gateway login, the gateway login automatically inherits the user's user group.
- User groups inherited by a gateway login change if the parent is changed. For example, when a user's user group changes, the inherited user group for the user's gateway login also changes.
- A Direct Trader gateway login is automatically assigned any user group of a TTORD to which it is mapped.
For example, if an account (123) is assigned to a gateway login (TTORDTT001001), and the gateway login is mapped to a user (JDOE) who belongs to a user group (XT Traders), the account 123 and gateway login TTORDTT001001 become part of the user group (XT Traders). A Group Administrator who can manage the XT Traders user group, can also manage the JDOE user, the 123 account and gateway login TTORDTT001001.
You can either assign Groups to a gateway login, or you can assign gateway logins to a group.
Assigning User Groups to a Gateway Login
To assign a user group to a gateway login manually...
- From the User Admin menu, select Gateway Logins.
- Select a gateway login row and then
The Edit Gateway Login window appears with the Gateway Login Info tab selected.
- Click the Group Permissions tab.
- Use the transfer buttons (<, <<, >, >>)
to move selected user groups from the Available User Groups list,
to the Gateway Login permitted in the following User Groups list.
The Gateway Login permitted in the following User Groups section contains the following fields:
- User Group: Displays the name of the user group.
- Users with Gateway Login: Displays users in the given user group to whom the gateway login is assigned.
- TTORDs with Gateway Login: Displays TTORDs in the given user group that are mapped to this Direct Trader gateway login.
- To allow a group administrator to edit
and directly assign this gateway login, check the Group Admins
can assign this Gateway Login directly to users without using a TTORD option.
If this option is unchecked, Group Administrators can only map the
gateway login to a TTORD (to use it indirectly).
- Click Save.
Assigning Gateway Logins to a User Group
To manually assign a gateway login to a user group...
- From the User Admin menu, select User Groups.
- Select a user group row and then click Assign Gateway Logins.
The Assign Gateway Logins to User Group window appears.
- Use the transfer buttons (<, <<, >, >>) to move selected user groups from the Available Gateway Logins list, to the Assigned Gateway Logins list.
- Click Save.