TT User Setup Documentation
- Getting Started
- User Administration Basics
User Administration: Administrative Users
- Creating and Editing Administrative Users
- Creating a Super Administrator
- Creating a Broker Administrator - X_TRADER ASP
- Allowing Buy-side Administrators to Manage Product Limits (X_TRADER ASP)
- Creating a Group Administrator (non-X_TRADER ASP only)
- Creating a Gateway Login Administrator (non-X_TRADER ASP only)
- Creating a Password Administrator (non-X_TRADER ASP only)
- Creating a View Only User
- Creating a Collect Log Files Only User
- Configuring the Outgoing Email Settings
User Administration: X TRADER® Or X RISK® Users
- Creating and Editing X_TRADER or X_RISK Users
- Applying Basic User Properties
- Customizing Billing Data for a User - X_TRADER ASP only
- Configuring User Risk Settings for a User
- Setting Application Permissions
- SettingTrade Permissions
- Creating and Managing X_TRADER Customer Defaults
- Customer Defaults and Algo Defaults MiFID II
- Allowingor Blocking Product Groups for Specific Markets
- Applying X_RISK Permissions
- Creating a New Gateway Login through the Users Window
- Generating a Gateway Login for all Gateways
- Assigning Gateway Logins to a User Through the Users Window
- Setting Account Permissions
User Administration: FIX Adapter
- TT FIX Adapter and TT User Setup Overview
- Setting Up a TT FIX Adapter Server (non-X_TRADER ASP)
- SettingUp a FIX Adapter Client User
- Setting Up an AccountDefault
- FIX Adapter Account Defaults MiFID II
- Assigning TT FIX Adapter Client(s) to a FIX Adapter Server
- Allowing or Blocking Product Groups for a FIX Adapter User
- User Maintenance
- Gateway Login Administration Basics
Creating Gateway Logins
- Creating a New Gateway Login
- Assigning the MemberGroupTrader ID
- Disabling Start-of-Day Records
- Assigning Gateways to Gateway Logins
- Mapping a TTORD to an Exchange Trader
- Adding Gateways to Existing TTORDs
- Assigning Accounts
- Configuring Risk
- AssigningUsers to a Gateway Login
- Editing a User's Gateway Login Attributes
- Assigning Gateways to Multiple Gateway Logins
- Account Group Administration
- Account Administration
- Order Passing Group Administration (X_TRADER ASP)
- Gateway Login Risk Administration
Account And Account Group Risk Administration
- Adding Account-Level Risk Checking
- Adding Account Group-Level Risk Checking
- Creating Product Limits for Accounts and Account Groups
- Enabling Duplicate Order Check for Accounts and Account Groups
- Creating Contract Level Overrides
- Contract Limits Overview
- Creating Margin Limits for Accounts and Account Groups
- Applying Account-BasedRisk to Wholesale Trades
- Configuring Wholesale Order Overrides
- Copying Product Limits to Additional Accounts or Account Groups
- Copying Account-Based Product Limits to Additional Gateways
- Copying MGT-based Product Limits to Account-Based Product Limits
- User Level Risk Checking
- User Group Administration
- Publishing To Guardian
- Disabling Trading for a Trading Environment
- Collecting Log Files
- Using Version Control Rules
- Resetting the Guardian Exchange Tree (non-X_TRADER ASP only)
- Editing the Currency Exchange Rates
- Adding and Deleting Currencies
- Editing Product Margins
- Viewing and Clearing Product Margin Conflicts
- Viewing and Publishing Licenses
- Migrating Users to a New Gateway
- Understanding Server Messages
- System Settings
- Enabling Two-factor Authentication
- How to Setup a New User Who Will Trade Using a TTORD Gateway Login
- How to Map an Additional Gateway Login to an Existing TTORD User
- How to Set Up an Administrator Who Uses Both X_RISK and TT User Setup
- How to Set Up a Third-party Risk Administrator
- How to Create a New User by Copying an Existing User
- How to Assign Existing Product Limits to Other Gateway Login IDs Simultaneously
- How to Change Multiple Product Limit Values Simultaneously
- How to Set Up Customer Defaults
- How to Update Customer Defaults Across Multiple Users Simultaneously
- How to Change the Message Users Receive When Their Logins Fail
- How to Use Wildcard Characters in Filters
- How to Set Up a Tiered Administrator
- How to Set Up a Drop Copy TT FIX Adapter Server and Corresponding FIX Adapter Clients
- How to Set Up an Order Routing TT FIX Adapter Server and Corresponding FIX Adapter Clients
- How to Set up a User for Autospreader SE or Synthetic SE
- Creating TT SIM Credit Limits and Product Limits
Adding User-Level Risk Checking
You can configure risk settings on a per-user basis in addition to the risk settings configured for individual gateway logins. This allows you to set overall credit and currency settings that apply to all the user's trades using any or all of the gateway logins. The gateway login's risk settings still apply, but the trader will have an additional overall credit restriction.
Note: User level risk checking requires X_TRADER 7.8 or later or FIX Adapter 7.6 or later.
To add user-level checking to an existing user:
- Select (Users) from the TT User Setup Control Panel.
- From the Users window,
click a user row and then click Edit.
The Edit User window appears.
- Click the User
Risk tab and check the Trading allowed option
to allow the user to trade.
Note: Trading allowed is unchecked by default for buy-side users in X_TRADER ASP, and checked by default for all other users. However, if you log in to TT User Setup as a TT Administrator, all options on the User Risk tab are disabled.
- In the Credit field, enter
a monetary limit as needed.
Note: The default setting is for unlimited credit. Enter 0 to reset the credit to unlimited.
- In the Currency field, enter the currency of the configured credit limit.
- If the user needs a different credit limit for TT SIM trading, check Override credit for TT SIM and enter the TT SIM credit limit into the TT SIM credit field. Enter 0 to reset the credit to unlimited.
- Check the Ignore P&L and/or Ignore Margin options as needed.
- To risk check this user using the P&L risk algorithm, check the Use P&L risk algorithm option. This also sets the P/L based on setting in X_TRADER to Risk Algorithm (and makes the P/L based on setting not editable). To use the Last Traded Price for risk checking, uncheck the Use P&L risk algorithm option (the P/L based on setting in X_TRADER remains editable).
- To configure how far from the market price a user may enter an order (in ticks), check the Prevent orders that are more than X ticks... checkbox and enter the number of ticks (from 1 to 100000). You can allow traders to sell above this range and buy below it by checking the Apply into the market only checkbox. Check the Apply to Parent Orders checkbox to apply the number of ticks setting to the price of each submitted synthetic parent order. If the parent order price exceeds the number of ticks from the market, the parent order is rejected and the child order is not submitted. For more information about pre-trade price controls, refer to Setting Pre-Trade Price Controls.
- To prevent more than a specific number of orders per second, check the Per TT Gateway, prevent more than X orders... checkbox and enter the number of orders per second. For more information about pre-trade order throughput controls, refer to Setting Order Throughput Controls.
- If you want to configure Gateway Logins or account permissions from the Users Window, click the Gateway Login risk or Account risk links. These links provide shortcuts to the Gateway Logins and Account Permissions windows, respectively.
- Click Save.