← Back to X_TRADER® Help Library
TTM Network Administration Documentation
- What’s New In This Release
- TTM Overview
- Unicast And Multicast Network Communication
- Network Setup And Configuration
- Installing And Upgrading TTM And Guardian
- TTM Daemon
TTM Remote Host Daemon And Remote Clients
- Introduction to the TTM Remote Host Daemon
- Remote Mode: Pros and Cons
- Remote Mode Operations
- Network Considerations when Deploying the Remote Host Daemon
- Configuring a Remote Host Daemon
- Configuring the Remote Client
- Compressing Data
- Manually Configuring TCP Window Size
- Testing the Remote Connection
- Remote Host Daemon Failover (Disaster Recovery)
- Advanced Topics
- Maintenance And Troubleshooting
- Ttmd.cfg File Reference
PGM Wire Protocol Compatibility
The PGM wire protocol is 100% compatible with previous versions of TTM.
Compatibility with Applications Built on Earlier Versions of TTM
TTM 7.0 communicates with applications built on previous versions of TTM as follows:
- Applications built on TTM 7.0 can run in an environment that uses legacy WAN distribution. For example, TTM Gateways built on TTM 7.0 can communicate with X_TRADER Remote Host or WAN Routers that are built on TTM 4.x.
- Applications built on TTM 4.x can communicate with a local daemon built on TTM 7.0, but do not benefit from any of the TTM 7.0 performance enhancements. For example, Guardian software built on TTM 4.x can connect to a local daemon built on TTM 7.0.
- Applications built on TTM 7.0 cannot communicate with TTM 4.x local daemon.