- Trader Monitoring
- Common Tasks
- Position Management
- Screen And Field Descriptions
- Control Panel
- Market Explorer
- Orders And Fills Window
- Position Window
- Alert Manager
- SODs And Manual Fills
- Contract Session Price
- Audit Trail
- TT Login Dialog Box
- Contacting Support
- Shortcut Keys
Common Tasks in the Control Panel
Below you will find some of the most common tasks within the Control Panel.
- Finding the Control Panel
- Opening a Functional Window
- Changing the Size of the Toolbar
- Sending an Instant Message
Finding the Control Panel
To quickly display the Control Panel on top of your other windows, most context menus offer a Find Control Panel option.
To find the Control Panel:
Right-click in one of the main X_RISK windows to access the context menu.
Click Find Control Panel.
Note: If the context menu does not include this option, right-click a different window to access the context menu.
You successfully found the Control Panel.
Opening a Functional Window
You use the Control Panel to open functional windows within X_RISK.
You can open these windows using the following methods:
Changing the Size of the Toolbar
You can increase or decrease the size of the icons on the toolbar.
To change the size of the icons on the toolbar:
- From the Control Panel, click the Settings menu.
Highlight the Toolbar option.
Three options appear: Small, Medium, Large, or the Classic Look.
- Click the size you wish to make the icons on the toolbar.
You successfully changed the size of the icons on the toolbar.
Sending an Instant Message
Use the Send Instant Message window to notify traders of exchange events, advise a specific trader about positions and risk limits, quickly communicate with all the traders in your firm.
Note: The messages also displays in the X_TRADER Audit Trail.
To send an instant message:
- From the Windows menu, click Send Message. The Send Instant Message window appears
Select the message's audience from the Send To list.
Send To options include:
- All Users: All X_TRADER machines in the environment
- By Market: All X_TRADER machines logged into a particular market
- By Exchange: All X_TRADER machines logged into a particular gateway
- By User Login ID: The X_TRADER logged in with the specified Username
Note: When sending a message to an individual trader, that trader must be logged in using Universal Login.
- Based on your selection, you may be required to enter additional information. For example, if you choose the By Market option, you will need to select the market in the list below.
- Enter your message in the message window.
Click the Send button. The words Message Sent appear in the lower-left corner of the Send Instant Message window.
You successfully sent an instant message.