- Trader Monitoring
- Common Tasks
- Position Management
- Screen And Field Descriptions
- Control Panel
- Market Explorer
- Orders And Fills Window
- Position Window
- Alert Manager
- SODs And Manual Fills
- Contract Session Price
- Audit Trail
- TT Login Dialog Box
- Contacting Support
- Shortcut Keys
Publishing SODs and Manual Fills
Use the SODs (Start of Day)/Manual Fills window to manage both starting positions and manual fills for your traders.
- A SOD record is the summary of the net position that a trader had on a specific contract during the previous trading session.
- A manual fill record is a trader's open position from another source.
You can access the SOD/Manual Fills window from the X_RISK Control Panel by selecting (the SODs/Manual Fills icon).
Adding and Updating an SOD or Manual Fill
Select the record type (i.e., SOD, Admin Fill or Local Fill) and select each field to view, enter, or update the required information (Broker, Order GW, Product, etc.). Once you have completed the record, click the Publish button to publish the SOD/Manual Fill record.
Publishing Start of Day Records
Use the SODs (Start of Day)/Manual Fills window to manage starting positions for your traders. A SOD record is the summary of the net position that a trader had on a specific contract during the previous trading session. In this context, “Contract” refers to any single TT tradable entity and does not have to be a futures contract. X_RISK defines these tradable entities by their Market, Product, and Contract.
Click Publish to send the SOD record to the TT Gateway. The TT Gateway Fill Server sends the fill to the trader and maintains a running position that is a total of the current start of day record and the trader's net position from the current session. At the end of the trading X_TRADER session, the trader's net position becomes the start of day record for the next trading session.
Warning: Administrators must have Start of Day (SOD) access allowed enabled in TT User Setup to use this functionality.
Publishing Manual Fill Records
Use the SODs/Manual Fills Window to manage manual fills for your traders. A manual fill record is a trader’s open position from another source. Like Start of Day records, manual fills allow administrators to more accurately manage their traders’ overall position. You can also enter multiple buy or sell fills for the same trader and/or account number.
X_RISK supports two types of manual fills: Admin Fills and Local FIlls.
- Admin Fills are published via the TT Gateway to the trader much like a fill received from the exchange. Admin fills are session-based (i.e., removed at TT Gateway roll-over) and cannot be deleted.
- Local Fills are published locally to the X_RISK client machine and are not sent to the TT Gateway. These fills are used by administrators to adjust a trader’s position held outside of TT and may be useful if the trader has already accounted for the trade. Local Fills are not session-based, and must be manually deleted.
Click Publish to publish the fill.
- An Admin Fill is sent to the trader’s workstation. A value of A displays in the O/C column of the trading window. The manual fill will be included in risk limit calculations.
- A Local Fill is saved to the administrator’s local workstation. A value of M displays in the O/C column of the trading window.
Tip: Once published, administrators cannot change a manual fill. However, they can offset an Admin or Local fill by right-clicking the desired manual fill and selecting Offset Fill from the right-click context menu.
Warning: Administrators must have Manual Fill (MF) access allowed enabled in TT User Setup to use this functionality.
Note: Traders can enter manual fills via X_TRADER. However, these manual fills are not included in pre-execution risk analysis, and therefore, are not seen by risk administrators.