- Introduction To X_TRADER®
- TT Login
- Workspace Management
- Control Panel Icon And Menu Descriptions
- Trading And The Market Explorer
Trading And The Market Window
- Introduction to the Market Window
- Order Pane
- Submitting an Order using the Order Pane
- Launching an OTA from the Order Pane
- Selecting an Order Gatewayor Broker in the Market Window
- Applying Routing Rules in the Market Window
- Confirming Your Order in the Market Window
- Customizing the Quantity Buttons
- Order Pane Field Descriptions
- Algo Order Pane Field Descriptions
- Order Pane Context Menu
- Market Grid in the Market Window
- Using the Instrument Explorer in the Market Grid
- Market Grid Pane Field Descriptions
- Generating an RTD Formula
- Highlighting in the Market Grid
- Viewing Price Trend Indicators in the Market Grid
- Viewing Live-Only Contracts
- Viewing your Estimated Position In Queue
- Cloning Contract Rows
- Trading Eurodollar Options
- Launching an Algo in the Market Grid
- Market Grid Context Menu
- Viewing Market Depth
- RFQ Overview
- RFQ MiFID II
- Calculating Implieds
- Calculating Implied Ins
- Calculating Implied Outs
- Calculating Implied Quantities
- Calculating Implieds From Implieds
- Implied Functionality by Market
- Setting Implieds
- Viewing Implieds
- Managing Links
- Keyboard Trading in the Market Window
Trading And MD Trader
- Introduction to MD Trader
- MD Trader Field Descriptions
- Using the Instrument Explorer in MD Trader
- MDTrader - Order Entry
- MD Trader - Order Management
- MD Trader and Managing Links
- MD Trader - Displaying Market Data
- MD Trader - Configuration
- Using the MD Trader Context Menu
- Keyboard Trading in MD Trader
Orders And Fills Window
- Introduction to the Orders and Fills Window
- Order Modification Pane
- Order Toolbar
- Orders Pane
- Performing Order Status Inquiries
- Deleting an Order
- Canceling and Replacing an Order
- Holding Orders
- Pausing Synthetic Orders
- Changing Trigger Price Orders
- Recognizing Orders in an Unknown State
- Modifying Running Algo Variables
- Launching an OMA
- Keyboard Functions
- Fills Pane
- Adding a Manual Fill
- Deleting a Manual Fill
- Confirming Fills
- Changing Fill Account Information
- Start of Day Fills
- Fills Alert Dialog Box
- Using the Fills Pane Context Menu
- Fills Pane Column Descriptions
- Summary Pane
- Displaying Profit and Loss
- Position and Summary Pane Grouping
- Using the Summary Pane Context Menu
- Summary Pane Column Descriptions
- Introduction to the Position Window
- Position Pane
- Displaying Profit and Loss in the Position Pane
- Position Pane Context Menu
- Calculating Profit and Loss
- Orders and Fills Pane Context Menu
- Understanding Credit and Margin
- Position Pane Grouping
- Position Pane Column Descriptions
- Orders and Fills Pane
- Order Status Inquiries
- Deleting an Order from the Position Window
- Confirming Fill Orders in the Position Window
- Holding Orders in the Position Window
- Pausing Synthetic Orders in the Position Window
- Recognizing Orders in the Unknown State
- Orders and Fills Pane Column Descriptions
- Keyboard Functions and the Position Window
- Order Passing
- Quote Board
- Depth Window
- Introduction to the Spread Matrix
- Launching the Spread Matrix
- Navigating the Spread Matrix
- Customizing the Spread Matrix
- Displaying the Butterfly-Condor Matrix
- Butterfly Condor Matrix Overview
- Trading with the Spread Matrix
- Spread Matrix Calculations
- Butterfly Matrix Calculations
- Spread Matrix Context Menu
- Creating Strategies
- Audit Trail
- Floating Windows Overview
- Floating Order Book Overview
- Using the Floating Order Book
- Managing Algos in the Floating Order Book
- Keyboard Trading in the Floating Order Book
- Floating Order Book Column Descriptions
- Floating Depth Window
- Floating Net Position Window
- Using Floating Order Entry
- Using Multiple Floating Order Entry Windows
- Trading with the Order Bar
- Launching via the Net Position Field
- Seeding the Floating Order Entry
- X_TRADER Order Types
- Cross Orders
- Triggered Orders
- Iceberg Orders
- If Touched
- Triggered If Touched Orders
- Triggered Stop Orders
- Limits on Market Orders
- Machine Gun
- Market On Auction (MOA)
- Market On Close (MOC)
- Market On Open (MOO)
- Minimum Volume
- Submitting a Mutual Offset Order
- On Behalf Of Orders
- Order Cancels Order
- Duration Orders
- Time Sliced Orders
- Timed Orders
- Trailing If Touched Orders
- Trailing Limit Orders
- Trailing Stop Orders
- Volume Duration
- Volume Sliced Orders
- Best Limit
- Managing Saved Orders
- Saved Orders MiFID II
- Synthetic Orders on X_TRADER
- Introduction to Staged Orders
- Staged Order Creation
- Entering Related Child Orders
- Staged Order Management
- Staged Order Ownership
- Permissions and Risk
- Staged Orders Properties
- Introduction to Wholesale Trading
- SupportedTypes of Wholesale Trades
- Wholesale Orders MiFID II
- BVMF Cross Trades
- CME Cross Trades
- Eurex Wholesale Trades
- GMEX Wholesale Trades
- HKEx Wholesale Trades
- ICE Wholesale Trades
- LSE Cross and Committed Trades
- MX Cross and Committed Trades
- MEFF Cross Trades
- NYSE Liffe Wholesale Trades
- Euronext Wholesale Trades
- NYSE Liffe U.S. Wholesale Trades
- OSE J-NET Trades
- SFE Block Trades
- SGX Trade Reporting: One Sided Trades
- TFX Block Trades
Automated Trading Windows
- Automated Trading Overview
- Introduction to the Algo Dashboard
- Deploying Algos
- Algo Order Management
- Sharing Algos in the Algo Explorer Pane
- Renaming Algos in the Algo Explorer Pane
- Deleting Algos in the Algo Explorer Pane
- Launching Algos in the Algo Variable Pane
- Updating Algos in the Algo Explorer Pane
- Setting Favorite Algos in the Algo Explorer Pane
- Managing Algo Templates
- Algo Behavior at Market Close
- Algo Behavior When the Algo SE Server is Restarted
- Algo Variable Pane
- Algo Explorer Pane
- Algo Orders Pane
- Algos Dialog Box
- Algo Dashboard Column Descriptions
- Algo Orders Pane Context Menu
- Algo Explorer Pane Context Menus
- Order Management
- Order Book
Parent Order Book
- Introduction to the Parent Order Book
- Parent Order Book Toolbar Field Descriptions
- Managing Autospreader Orders in the Parent Order Book
- Managing Staged Orders in the Parent Order Book
- Managing Synthetic Orders in the Parent Order Book
- Managing Algo Orders in the Parent Order Book
- Viewing Child Orders
- Parent Order Book Context Menus
- Algo Variable Pane in the Parent Order Book
- Introduction to the Fill Window
- Fill Window Fills Pane
- Fill Window Fills Pane Column Descriptions
- Fill Window Fills Pane Context Menu
- Fill Window and Start of Day Fills
- Managing Manual Fills in the Fill Window
- Changing Fill Account Information in the Fill Window
- Fill Window Position Pane
- Displaying Profit and Loss in the Fill Pane
- Fill Window Position Pane Column Descriptions
- Analytic Windows
- Alerts Manager
- Time And Sales
- Settings And Global Properties
- Introduction to the Customer Defaults
- Creating a Customer Defaults Profile
- Changing a Customer Defaults Profile
- Deleting a Customer Defaults Profile
- Setting Customer Defaults to Read-Only
- Sharing your Customer Defaults Profile
- Using the Customer List
- Customer Defaults for MiFID II
- Algo Defaults for MiFID II
- Customer Defaults Dialog Box Field Descriptions
- Order Defaults
- Risk Parameters
- Routing Rules
- Login Gateway
- Global Properties
- TT Minimizer
- Screen Configuration
- Customizing Fonts
- Filtering And Sorting Data
- Formatting Grids
- Resizing And Printing Windows
- Tabbed Windows
You are viewing X_TRADER Version 7.17 and higher. For earlier versions, click here
Note: This tab is available on in X_TRADER 7.17.30 or higher.
The Legacy tab provide access to settings that existed in pre-7.17 versions of X_TRADER and were removed in X_TRADER 7.17.
|Color code buy/sell|
Lets you quickly differentiate among orders. Default colors are:
Enabled by default.
|Maximum Audit Trail file size (MB)|
Sets the amount of data the Audit Trail log file holds before creating a new one. The file size are configurable from 10MB - 200MB with a default of 50MB of data
|Number of days to save|
Sets the number of days Audit Trail log files remain in a database. Files are located in: <root drive>:ttlogfilesAuditLog.
Note: If you use automated tools, like Autotrader or Autospreader, change the days kept to the minimum of three (3).
Logs some actions you execute via mouse clicks or keyboard strokes.
Example: Delete in the Order Book is always logged. MD Trader actions are never logged.
Show ALERT messages
Shows alert messages like FILL SERVER IS DOWN.
Enabled by default. When enabled, the default colors are black text on a yellow background.
You can customize your Alert-Warning colors on the Color tab.
Show ERROR messages
Shows error messages like ORDER HAS BEEN REJECTED.
Enabled by default. The default colors for are white text on black background.
Show fill records
Shows fill records. Enabled by default.
|Allow Price Differential w/ Fractions|
Sets whether to include Price Differential w/ Fractions in the Autospreader Instrument Configuration Based On field.
|Color new entries|
Sets a visible indicator when a new fill appears in the Fill window.
|Save manual fills|
Saves all manual fills to your hard drive.
When enabled, you are prompted to log into all exchanges where you have manual fills.
If disabled, you lose your manual fills when you log out.
|Update time for new entries (seconds)|
Sets how often the indicator bar updates and displays new orders.
|Average price of position|
Highlights the average open price long and short in the Price column.
Note: Rounds longs up and shorts down.
Color code empty price levels
Keeps bid and ask column colors even if they have not traded.
Gray out when order server is unavailable
Turns MD Trader gray when the order server is unavailable. Enabled by default.
|Hide position on right click|
Lets you hide your position with a right-click on the position field. Right-click again to show your position. Disabled by default.
|Highlight midpoint of last recenter|
Bolds dividing line between the best bid and best ask.
|Recenter on price column left double click|
Double-click the Price column to recenter the MD Trader grid.
Volume At Price mouse tooltips
Displays total volume at price as text when you hover the mouse over the particular cell in the Last Traded Quantity column.
|Button actions on mouse DOWN|
Sets mouse button actions to immediately activate when the mouse is clicked (not released).
|Delete all when LTQ column clicked||Lets you delete all your working orders by clicking in the Last Traded Quantity column.|
|Set Confirm checkbox|
Provides a confirmation step before submitting orders.
To use this property for a single order, disable it here. Then, click the Confirm checkbox in the pane. This box is located above the Buy and Sell button.
|Set Hold checkbox|
Sets Order Entry panes to open with the Hold option checked.
|Color new entries|
Sets a visible indicator when a new order appears in the Order window
|Confirm on Cancel All|
Enables a message box asking 'Cancel all orders?' when you choose to Cancel all in the Orders and Fills Window, via a hotkey, or the Del button in the Market Grid.
|Display quantity buttons|
Shows the pre-set quantity buttons next to the price and quantity input fields in the Order Modification pane.
Original Qty / Work Qty
When you highlight a row in the Order Book, the quantity field displays:
Update time for new entries (seconds)
Update time for new orders (seconds): Sets how often the indicator bar updates and displays new orders.
|Include manual fills|
Adds or removes any manual fills you entered into the position totals and recalculates your P/L.
|Show Exchange Name as part of contract name|
Displays the exchange name in the title bar of each contract in the Quote Board.
|Color Market depth by price level|
Specifies whether to use color coding for price levels.
|Color net change|
Displays color coding of the Net Change column.
You can customize your net change colors on the Color tab.
|Color net position|
Displays color coding of Net Position column.
You can customize your position colors on the Color tab.
Color top of book
Displays the top of book price in a different size font and color. Used for the Market Grid and Spread Matrix.
You can customize your top of book colors on the Color tab.
Depth coloring all levels
Color codes the Market Depth by price level For All Levels or From 2nd Level on.
You can customize your market depth colors on the Color tab.
Highlight best price
Highlights the best price in the market.
Highlight border width
Set a border width using the arrows.
Highlight own orders
Highlights your own orders to easily identify them. Used for the Market Grid and Spread Matrix
Include implied in Market columns and in depth
Displays implied price and quantity data as calculated by the Exchange in the same columns as direct price and quantity data.
Implied data displays in the Market Grid, MD Trader, Autospreader, and Autotrader.
Maximum Depth levels
Indicates the maximum number of depth levels, between 3 and 20, displayed for Bids and Offers. This setting will not override the maximum depth each gateway displays.
Example: If you set this value to 8 but the exchange limits maximum depth to 5 bids and 5 offers, you will only see five levels.
Minimum highlighting mode
Highlights according to the following market characteristics:
Used for the Market Grid and Spread Matrix. Enabled by default.
Specifies how to display the strike pice for options.
Enables a price reasonability by the exchange.
A trade is rejected if it falls outside the range set by the exchange. Detailed information must be obtained from the exchange
Lets you choose your ¼ 32nd rounding options. It applies to all orders you enter except Autospreader and Autotrader orders, and Stop orders that always round away from the market.
Show Admin Alerts
Enables the Admin Alert Messages dialog box, which lets you receive messages from your risk manager or an administrator.