- Introduction To X_TRADER®
- TT Login
- Workspace Management
- Control Panel Icon And Menu Descriptions
- Trading And The Market Explorer
Trading And The Market Window
- Introduction to the Market Window
- Order Pane
- Submitting an Order using the Order Pane
- Launching an OTA from the Order Pane
- Selecting an Order Gatewayor Broker in the Market Window
- Applying Routing Rules in the Market Window
- Confirming Your Order in the Market Window
- Customizing the Quantity Buttons
- Order Pane Field Descriptions
- Algo Order Pane Field Descriptions
- Order Pane Context Menu
- Market Grid in the Market Window
- Using the Instrument Explorer in the Market Grid
- Market Grid Pane Field Descriptions
- Generating an RTD Formula
- Highlighting in the Market Grid
- Viewing Price Trend Indicators in the Market Grid
- Viewing Live-Only Contracts
- Viewing your Estimated Position In Queue
- Cloning Contract Rows
- Trading Eurodollar Options
- Launching an Algo in the Market Grid
- Market Grid Context Menu
- Viewing Market Depth
- RFQ Overview
- RFQ MiFID II
- Calculating Implieds
- Calculating Implied Ins
- Calculating Implied Outs
- Calculating Implied Quantities
- Calculating Implieds From Implieds
- Implied Functionality by Market
- Setting Implieds
- Viewing Implieds
- Managing Links
- Keyboard Trading in the Market Window
Trading And MD Trader
- Introduction to MD Trader
- MD Trader Field Descriptions
- Using the Instrument Explorer in MD Trader
- MDTrader - Order Entry
- MD Trader - Order Management
- MD Trader and Managing Links
- MD Trader - Displaying Market Data
- MD Trader - Configuration
- Using the MD Trader Context Menu
- Keyboard Trading in MD Trader
Orders And Fills Window
- Introduction to the Orders and Fills Window
- Order Modification Pane
- Order Toolbar
- Orders Pane
- Performing Order Status Inquiries
- Deleting an Order
- Canceling and Replacing an Order
- Holding Orders
- Pausing Synthetic Orders
- Changing Trigger Price Orders
- Recognizing Orders in an Unknown State
- Modifying Running Algo Variables
- Launching an OMA
- Keyboard Functions
- Fills Pane
- Adding a Manual Fill
- Deleting a Manual Fill
- Confirming Fills
- Changing Fill Account Information
- Start of Day Fills
- Fills Alert Dialog Box
- Using the Fills Pane Context Menu
- Fills Pane Column Descriptions
- Summary Pane
- Displaying Profit and Loss
- Position and Summary Pane Grouping
- Using the Summary Pane Context Menu
- Summary Pane Column Descriptions
- Introduction to the Position Window
- Position Pane
- Displaying Profit and Loss in the Position Pane
- Position Pane Context Menu
- Calculating Profit and Loss
- Orders and Fills Pane Context Menu
- Understanding Credit and Margin
- Position Pane Grouping
- Position Pane Column Descriptions
- Orders and Fills Pane
- Order Status Inquiries
- Deleting an Order from the Position Window
- Confirming Fill Orders in the Position Window
- Holding Orders in the Position Window
- Pausing Synthetic Orders in the Position Window
- Recognizing Orders in the Unknown State
- Orders and Fills Pane Column Descriptions
- Keyboard Functions and the Position Window
- Order Passing
- Quote Board
- Depth Window
- Introduction to the Spread Matrix
- Launching the Spread Matrix
- Navigating the Spread Matrix
- Customizing the Spread Matrix
- Displaying the Butterfly-Condor Matrix
- Butterfly Condor Matrix Overview
- Trading with the Spread Matrix
- Spread Matrix Calculations
- Butterfly Matrix Calculations
- Spread Matrix Context Menu
- Creating Strategies
- Audit Trail
- Floating Windows Overview
- Floating Order Book Overview
- Using the Floating Order Book
- Managing Algos in the Floating Order Book
- Keyboard Trading in the Floating Order Book
- Floating Order Book Column Descriptions
- Floating Depth Window
- Floating Net Position Window
- Using Floating Order Entry
- Using Multiple Floating Order Entry Windows
- Trading with the Order Bar
- Launching via the Net Position Field
- Seeding the Floating Order Entry
- X_TRADER Order Types
- Cross Orders
- Triggered Orders
- Iceberg Orders
- If Touched
- Triggered If Touched Orders
- Triggered Stop Orders
- Limits on Market Orders
- Machine Gun
- Market On Auction (MOA)
- Market On Close (MOC)
- Market On Open (MOO)
- Minimum Volume
- Submitting a Mutual Offset Order
- On Behalf Of Orders
- Order Cancels Order
- Duration Orders
- Time Sliced Orders
- Timed Orders
- Trailing If Touched Orders
- Trailing Limit Orders
- Trailing Stop Orders
- Volume Duration
- Volume Sliced Orders
- Best Limit
- Managing Saved Orders
- Saved Orders MiFID II
- Synthetic Orders on X_TRADER
- Introduction to Staged Orders
- Staged Order Creation
- Entering Related Child Orders
- Staged Order Management
- Staged Order Ownership
- Permissions and Risk
- Staged Orders Properties
- Introduction to Wholesale Trading
- SupportedTypes of Wholesale Trades
- Wholesale Orders MiFID II
- BVMF Cross Trades
- CME Cross Trades
- Eurex Wholesale Trades
- GMEX Wholesale Trades
- HKEx Wholesale Trades
- ICE Wholesale Trades
- LSE Cross and Committed Trades
- MX Cross and Committed Trades
- MEFF Cross Trades
- NYSE Liffe Wholesale Trades
- NYSE Liffe U.S. Wholesale Trades
- OSE J-NET Trades
- SFE Block Trades
- SGX Trade Reporting: One Sided Trades
- TFX Block Trades
Automated Trading Windows
- Automated Trading Overview
- Introduction to the Algo Dashboard
- Deploying Algos
- Algo Order Management
- Sharing Algos in the Algo Explorer Pane
- Renaming Algos in the Algo Explorer Pane
- Deleting Algos in the Algo Explorer Pane
- Launching Algos in the Algo Variable Pane
- Updating Algos in the Algo Explorer Pane
- Setting Favorite Algos in the Algo Explorer Pane
- Managing Algo Templates
- Algo Behavior at Market Close
- Algo Behavior When the Algo SE Server is Restarted
- Algo Variable Pane
- Algo Explorer Pane
- Algo Orders Pane
- Algos Dialog Box
- Algo Dashboard Column Descriptions
- Algo Orders Pane Context Menu
- Algo Explorer Pane Context Menus
- Order Management
- Order Book
Parent Order Book
- Introduction to the Parent Order Book
- Parent Order Book Toolbar Field Descriptions
- Managing Autospreader Orders in the Parent Order Book
- Managing Staged Orders in the Parent Order Book
- Managing Synthetic Orders in the Parent Order Book
- Managing Algo Orders in the Parent Order Book
- Viewing Child Orders
- Parent Order Book Context Menus
- Algo Variable Pane in the Parent Order Book
- Introduction to the Fill Window
- Fill Window Fills Pane
- Fill Window Fills Pane Column Descriptions
- Fill Window Fills Pane Context Menu
- Fill Window and Start of Day Fills
- Managing Manual Fills in the Fill Window
- Changing Fill Account Information in the Fill Window
- Fill Window Position Pane
- Displaying Profit and Loss in the Fill Pane
- Fill Window Position Pane Column Descriptions
- Analytic Windows
- Alerts Manager
- Time And Sales
- Settings And Global Properties
- Introduction to the Customer Defaults
- Creating a Customer Defaults Profile
- Changing a Customer Defaults Profile
- Deleting a Customer Defaults Profile
- Setting Customer Defaults to Read-Only
- Sharing your Customer Defaults Profile
- Using the Customer List
- Customer Defaults for MiFID II
- Algo Defaults for MiFID II
- Customer Defaults Dialog Box Field Descriptions
- Order Defaults
- Risk Parameters
- Routing Rules
- Login Gateway
- Global Properties
- TT Minimizer
- Screen Configuration
- Customizing Fonts
- Filtering And Sorting Data
- Formatting Grids
- Resizing And Printing Windows
- Tabbed Windows
You are viewing X_TRADER Version 7.17 and higher. For earlier versions, click here
You can create links between the Market Grid and both X_STUDY and Excel.
Using X_STUDY, you can link the current market value of horizontal markers and technical indicators. Once linked, values in X_TRADER update in real-time as new values are generated in X_STUDY.
You can paste X_STUDY values into the following:
|Location or Cells to Paste|
MD Trader accepts X_STUDY links in the:
Autotrader accepts X_STUDY links in the scratch and formula sections.
Market Grid accepts X_STUDY links in the new A-E free text columns.
Using Excel, you can:
- Link the X_TRADER quoting tool to an Excel worksheet to calculate quotes using proprietary pricing models.
- Use Excel to calculate implied prices and quantities.
The response time from Excel is affected by several variables, Including workstation memory, CPU speed, and other applications running on the workstation.
Example: If you meet the minimum hardware requirements for X_TRADER, but are running a complex theoretical quote-generating program for multiple products/strikes, this creates a significant load on your microprocessor(s), which can slow the response time. Consult your System Administrator for assistance.
Creating Links from Excel
Follow these procedures to establish links between X_TRADER and Excel. You must have X_TRADER and Excel open to perform these actions:
Note: When you open a workspace that includes links into X_TRADER from a saved Excel file, X_TRADER automatically opens the Excel file. If your workspace contains links from X_TRADER to Excel, the Excel file will not automatically open with the workspace. Once you manually open the Excel file, the links re-establish themselves to the open X_TRADER workspace.
To create a link from X_TRADER to an Excel worksheet:
- To copy and paste link one block of data, make sure your Market Grid and Excel pricing model columns are in the same order, or repeat the steps below to copy and paste links for each column of data.
- In the Market Grid, click the top left cell of the desired data and hold the mouse button down while dragging the mouse to the bottom right cell of the desired data.
- Right-click within the selected area to access the context menu, and click Copy.
- Open your Excel model.
- Right-click in the cell you want to paste the data and click Paste Special.
- From the Paste Special dialog box, select the Paste Link option button.
By default, the data pastes as Unicode Text.
- Click OK to close the dialog box.
- Run your Excel model.
To create a link from an Excel worksheet to X_TRADER:
- Make sure the Market Grid Imp or Theo columns are in the same order as your Excel model. Or, you can repeat the steps below to copy and paste links for each column of data.
- To display these columns, right-click anywhere on the Market Grid to access the context menu.
- Click Show/Hide columns.
- Click to select the ImpBidPrc, ImpBidQty, ImpAskPrc, ImpAskQty, TheoPrc, TheoBid, and TheoAsk columns
- Make sure your Market Grid Imp or Theo columns are in the same order as your Excel worksheet columns.
- Select the Excel cells to be copied to X_TRADER.
- Right-click within the selected area to access the Excel context menu, and click Copy.
- In the Market Grid, right-click the cell to paste the Excel data, and click Paste Link from the Market Grid context menu.
Your Excel data appears in your Market window.
To change the default colors for Excel Links in the Market Grid:
- From the Control Panel, click the Settings menu and choose Properties.
- Click the Color tab.
- Scroll to the General section and click Excel Link.
- In the Color section, click a color from the palette.
- Click OK to apply the color and exit the Properties dialog box.
Creating Links from X_STUDY
Follow these procedures to establish links between X_TRADER and X_STUDY.
To link to X_TRADER
- In X_STUDY, right-click the horizontal marker or technical indicator you want to link.
- Highlight Link to X_TRADER and click Copy.
- Open the Market Grid, Autotrader, or MD Trader to paste the value.
- Right-click in the cell area and select Links...Paste from the context menu.
You successfully linked to X_TRADER.
To change the color of an X_STUDY link:
- In X_STUDY, right-click the horizontal marker or technical indicator.
- Click Properties.
- Change the Color property and click OK.
You successfully changed the color of an X_STUDY link:
To remove an X_STUDY link:
- In X_STUDY, right-click the horizontal marker or technical indicator whose link to X_TRADER you want to remove.
- Highlight Link to X_TRADER and click Delete.
You successfully removed an X_STUDY link.