ICE: Three Month Euribor Futures Packs and Bundles Price Methodology Change
ICE is introducing the change to the pricing methodology of Three Month Euribor® Futures Packs and Bundles Strategy (“the Strategy”). This change will be effective from Monday 18 April 2022. The minimum price increment for the Strategy will be 0.00125 index points. The change in the minimum price increment will impact the prices for the order entry, book updates and the settlement prices.
TT will automatically handle the changes to the minimum price increment for the affected Strategy instruments. The changes are already available in the UAT environment and can be tested now by the interested customers.
TFEX: External Crisis Test
TFEX has scheduled an External Crisis Test which will take place in the TFEX STAGE environment on April 22 starting from 18:00 ICT. Because participation is mandatory for all Brokers TT will provide access to the test in the UAT Environment. Please note that on the day of the test, UAT TFEX will be available for the Crisis Test only from 15:30 onward. All questions and concerns specific to test guidelines or procedures should be directed to SETContactCenter@set.or.th.
TT Platform Impact
All participating Brokers are required to prepare a STAGE Environment Connection in TTUS in advance of the test. The new connection should be enabled at the start of the Crisis Test and then disabled upon completion. At the end of the Crisis Test, all original Connections that were previously used for routine testing should be returned to normal operation along with all of their original settings.
For connecting to the Crisis Test, TFEX requires the following:
- STAGE Test Environment IP and Port:
- Primary – 10.232.6.31:6974
- Secondary – 10.232.6.32:6974
- Username must be the same as the one used in Production.
- Password must be set to ffffff@2
For questions or concerns specific to Connection setup and configuration, please contact your TT service representative.
Teleconference (Apr 20 – 21, 14:00 – 16:00 ICT)
HKEX: Derivatives Holiday Trading
HKEX has announced the introduction of Derivatives Holiday Trading with a launch date of May 9 2022 *. This new exchange initiative will allow all MSCI Futures and Options to be traded on Hong Kong public holidays. Schedules will be adjusted to ensure platform availability during holidays, but other software changes for supporting Holiday Trading are not required.
(*) Note that HKEX’s initial Derivatives Holiday Trading announcement provisioned for a launch date of April 15, but the date was moved to May 9 as per exchange circular MO/DT/057/22.
HKEX Derivatives Holiday Trading Portal
Exchange Circular MO/DT/057/22
Euronext: Data Center Migration
From the exchange:
Euronext is planning to migrate its trading chain and colocation services from its current Data Centre in Basildon, UK, to the Aruba Global Cloud Data Centre IT3 in Bergamo, Italy, in Q2 2022. The move is subject to regulatory approval and operational readiness.
- 3 March 2022: Start of technical testing phase to Next EUA platform in Aruba; connectivity testing from London PoPs available
- 4 April 2022: Start of technical testing phase to Euronext DR site
- 7 April 2022: Go-Live of Next EUA environment in Aruba; functional and technical testing available from London PoPs
- 23 April 2022: Dress Rehearsal #1
- 6 June 2022: Go-Live of Aruba DC-IT3 as Primary Data Centre for all Cash & Derivatives markets
TT Platform Impact
TT is currently in the process of completing Technical Testing in the “New Production” environment. Once completed, we will submit the “Test Form Unicast and Multicast – New Production Environment – Aruba Data Centre” form to the exchange, and will also provide customers with a copy for submission, if needed.
TT intends to participate in Dress Rehearsal #1 on April 23, and all interested customers should plan to test on that date.
CME BrokerTec: DR Test
To help ensure readiness and provide an opportunity to test connectivity to DR systems, CME will hold Disaster Recovery (DR) Failover testing for BrokerTec US Markets on June 11, 2022.
This test will provide customers with a chance to test TT production connectivity to BrokerTec’s DR engines and customer gateways.
Customers must register by June 5th, and each individual participant that will test must register with the login ID they will use (GFID and GUS) so it can be permissioned for Saturday testing.
The market will open at 9:00am ET and close at 11:00am ET on Saturday, May 7, or sooner should all registered firms complete testing before the scheduled close. The test window may be kept open through 12:00pm ET should any firms require additional time to test.
CME BrokerTec Disaster Recovery Test Script
[Updated] Eurex: Next Generation ETD Contracts
February 6 2023
Eurex is aiming to introduce a more flexible set-up of Exchange Traded Derivatives (ETD) products by implementing an enhanced contract identification concept in June 2022 allowing more than one expiration per month on product level (sub-monthly contracts).
New features, changes and improvements:
- Integration of Weekly Expiring Instruments on Product Level
- Volatility Strategies in Single Stock Options
- Market-On-Close Futures T+X (Basis Trading in Equity Index Futures)
Weekly contracts will follow the new format of DDMMYYYY (current format: MMYYY), and will be listed under the same Product symbol as the Monthly contracts.
Example: OEB1, OEB2, OEB3, OEB4 will be listed under the OESB Product Symbol, and will be sequentially integrated.
Monthly Option: OESB Sep22
Sub-monthly Options, Week 1-5): OESB Sep22-W1Fr, OESB Sep22-W2Fr, OESB Sep22-W3Fr, OESB Sep22-W4Fr, OESB Sep22-W5Fr
The sub-monthly contracts will be rolling out in two waves in Simulation.
Wave 1: Activation of sub-monthly expiring contracts, will be available when TT opens UAT for customer testing targeted to April:
- Integration of all weekly expiring contracts in option NOA3
- Daily expiring contracts in SSF AXAP, BAYP, NO3P
- Daily expiring contracts in MSCI Futures FMEA, FMWN
Wave 2: Activation of sub-monthly expiring contracts will be available on the following:
- May DD: Daily expiring contracts in MSCI Futures FMWO, FMJP, FMEF
- May DD+2: Integration of all weekly expiring contracts in option OESX
- May DD+7: Daily expiring contracts in SSF ADSP, BMWP, ROGP, UBSP
The Production Launch will occur over the following:
- July 18th (3rd Friday expiration in July): Activation of daily expiring contracts in all MSCI Futures
- July 25th (4th Friday expiration in July): Activation of integrated weekly and end-of-month expiring contracts in all relevant options including OESX
- August 1: (5th Friday expiration in July): Activation of daily expiring physically settled SSFs supporting delta neutral options trading
Market on Close T+X will be eligible for MSCI Futures. An example is the following:
On T, Client trades the calendar between the daily future (T+1) and the standard future. After the T+1 session, the index close of T+1 is published by MSCI. On T+2, the T+1 index close is entered as the Final Settlement Price for the daily future. At the end, the Client has paid basis + index close for the standard future.
TFEX: New Currency Futures
TFEX has announced the introduction of four new Currency Futures with a tentative launch date of July 18, 2022. The Product Codes will be listed as follows:
- EUR/THB Futures – “EUR”
- JPY/THB Futures – “JPY”
- EUR/USD Futures – “EURUSD”
- USD/JPY Futures – “USDJPY”
Starting from May 2, the new products will be available in UAT for testing and also for access by Brokers for the purpose of verification and submission of the readiness survey to the exchange.
FIA: Execution Source Code Schema Initiative (Tag 1031)
Timeline Varies by Exchange
Multiple exchanges, in cooperation with the FIA Execution Source Code Schema Initiative, are moving forward with plans to implement FIX tag 1031 (CustOrderHandlingInst) on their APIs.
- CME: Tag 1031 is supported and is mandatory.
- ICE: Tag 1031 is supported, but not required.
- Eurex: Tag 1031 is supported, but not required.
- CurveGlobal/IDEM: Tag 1031 is supported, but is not required.
TT Platform Impact
For CME, tag 1031 is now available for use in Production. Customers should select a valid value in Setup or set Order Tag Defaults.
For ICE, tag 1031 is now available for use in Production. Customers should select a valid value in Setup or set Order Tag Defaults to send the value to the exchange. Customers can choose not to select any value as this is an optional field for ICE.
For Eurex, support of tag 1031 on the TT platform is now available. Customers should select a valid value in Setup or set Order Tag Defaults to send the value to the exchange. Customers can choose not to select any value as this is an optional field for Eurex. On the X_TRADER platform, tag 1031 is not currently supported.
For CurveGlobal and IDEM, support for tag 1031 was added on February 3 for both exchanges.