Installing with the Graphical User Interface
Before you Install
The BVMF Gateway installs the following software packages, which also can be uninstalled using the Add or Remove Programs dialog box:
- TT Chron
- TT Guardian
- BVMF Gateway Components (includes standard TT Gateway files and utilities)
In addition, BVMF Gateways install with pMerge which is removed during a BVMF Gateway uninstall.
The BVMF Gateway Version 7.15.0 and higher will abort an installation or upgrade if your machine is running Windows 2000. Before installing Version 7.15.0 and higher, you must ensure that your machine is on a version of the Windows platform supported by TT. Please refer to the https://customernet.tradingtechnologies.com/Extranet/Downloads/Documentation/Hardware_Software_Requirements_V7X.pdfTT Trading Systems - Hardware and Software Requirements Version 7.X document for details.
Installing the TT Gateway Software
To install the BVMF Gateway
- Run the BVMF Gateway setup.
The License Agreement dialog box displays.
- Read the End User License Agreement.
- To accept the license agreement and continue
with the installation, select the box next to I accept the terms in the license
agreement and click Next.
The Setup Type dialog box may appear with the option to Install Now or Customize:
If this is the first TT product installed on this machine, the Install Now option installs the BVMF Gateway to the c:tt directory by default.
If the installation detects previously installed TT products, the Install Now option installs the BVMF Gateway in the same directory as your other TT products.
- To install the BVMF Gateway into the default directory, select Install Now and click Next. Skip to step this step.
- To install the BVMF Gateway in a custom directory, select Customize and continue with the step below.
- The Customize
Destination Folders dialog box appears:
Select Browse and navigate to the location you want to install the BVMF Gateway.
- Click Next.
- The Browse for aconfig.xml dialog
- Click Next.
A Continue Without Providing File prompt appears asking you whether you want to continue.
- Click Yes, and skip to Step this step.
Your BVMF Gateway installs with its customized aconfig.xml. For information on how the TT system replicates aconfig.xml across your TT system, refer to the TT Gateway Architecture SAM Version 7.X.
- You must supply the aconfig.xml that you
use so that the install package updates it with new Gateway exchange
- Click Browse.
- Navigate to the location of your aconfig.xml file.
- Double-click the file, and then click Next.
- The Available Exchange Names dialog
box displays with a list of BVMF flavors (i.e., exchange-flavors).
Click the exchange-flavor that you want your TT Gateway to display in Guardian. Select the same exchange-flavor that is listed on the TT license file.
To trade on the TT Gateway, traders must log into this TT Gateway exchange-flavor. This exchange-flavor appears in Guardian’s tree of exchanges.
- Click Next.
- The InstallShield
Wizard reboot dialog box appears.
To complete the installation and reboot your machine, click Reboot Now.
To exit the installer and reboot your machine later, click Reboot Later. TT recommends rebooting your machine prior to operating the BVMF Gateway.