Exchange Host Failure and Recovery
In the unlikely event that the actual exchange host fails, all electronic traders on that exchange lose their connections.
If the exchange host fails, traders experience the following:
- Orders in transit before the failure are lost.
- The MEFF Gateway Order and Price Servers begin cycling (starting up and shutting down according to the schedule set in ttchron.ini).
- All price, order, and fill data becomes stale.
- Traders lose their connections and cannot trader.
When the exchange host recovers, the following occurs:
- If set to run in ttchron.ini, the MEFF Gateway server components (Price, Order) reconnect to MEFF.
- The MEFF Gateway re-request all fill and order information from the exchange.
The TT Gateway re-requests all fill and order information from the exchange. No information is lost.