Hardware and Operating System — Windows 10
Visual Effects and Appearance Options
By default while moving windows across the workstation, the windows will appear as a black box until the mouse button is released.
- Press the Windows key + X to bring up a context menu and select System
- In the System window, in the left pane, Click on Advance system settings
- In the System Properties window, pick Settings for Performance
- From the Performance Options window, click the Custom radio button and enable the setting 'Show window contents while dragging'
Moving a window too close to the task bar will minimize the entire workspace with the exception of the focused window. This functionality can be disabled by making changes to a registry key:
- Navigate to the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced
- Right-click in the right pane and select New > DWORD
- Type in DisallowShaking and press Enter
- Double-click DisallowShaking and type 1 in the Value data field. Click OK.