Adding Account-Level Risk Checking
You are viewing TT User Setup Version 7.17 and higher. For earlier versions, click here
At the account level, you can configure product-specific position limits, product-specific order size limits, and TT Gateway-specific margin limits. The user and gateway login's risk settings still apply, but orders submitted with an account will also be checked against the limits of the account (i.e., account-based risk). For more information about account-based risk, refer to the Account-Based Risk Feature Guide.
Note: When an account is added to an account group, any account-based risk settings are removed and the account group's risk settings are enforced instead. To manage risk for an account group, refer to Adding Account Group-Level Risk Checking.
Configuring product limits per account also allows you to perform the following tasks which are not available for Gateway Logins:
- Disable trading per product.
- Configure a maximum position limit of zero (thereby limiting trading to spreads).
- Configure price reasonability settings per product.
- Override product limits with contract level overrides.
- Apply product limits and overrides to wholesale orders.
- Configure cross order functionality per account.
To add account-based risk checking, refer to the following topics:
- Creating Product Limits for Accounts and Account Groups
- Creating Margin Limits for Accounts and Account Groups
- Creating Contract Level Overrides
- Applying Account-Based Risk to Wholesale Trades
- Configuring Wholesale Order Overrides
- Avoid Orders That Cross (Account-level)
Note: To prevent a user from updating the account number on a fill, make sure the Account changes on fills allowed option is unchecked (the default setting for new users).When applying account based risk checking, TT does not recommend checking the Account changes on fills allowed option until the users are using X_TRADER 7.17 or later. If users are not using X_TRADER 7.17, then account numbers on fills are not updated in all TT products (this includes the gateways where account-based risk checking is done). This could lead to discrepancies between what is displayed in client applications and how risk is actually being calculated.When the Account changes on fills allowed option is checked, users who are using X_TRADER 7.17 or later can modify the account on a fill, and this update will be processed as a part of account based risk on the gateways. Note that no risk check actually takes place on the modification; therefore changing the account could cause an account to go over its limits. However, any subsequent orders will be risk checked based on the modified fills.To configure the Account changes on fills allowed option, refer to the Setting Trade Permissions topic.