You are viewing TT User Setup Version 7.17 and higher. For earlier versions, click here
When copying a user, you can choose to copy only Direct Trader gateway logins, admin gateway logins, TTORD gateway logins, customer defaults, and account defaults. The available options depend on which settings are available in the user record being copied.
This topic describes how to copy a user record (including the TTORD).
To copy an existing user record:
- Open a data grid window, for example, Users.
Select the record that you want to copy, and then click Copy. You can also right-click the record and select Copy from the context menu.
The Copy User - Options window appears. Any options that are not available for the currently selected user are disabled.
The Copy User Options are as follows:
- Copy Direct Trader Gateway Logins: If you are copying a user with Direct Trader gateway logins, check this option to copy the Direct Trader gateway logins.
- Copy Admin Gateway Logins: If you are copying a user with admin gateway logins, check this option to copy the admin gateway logins.
Copy TTORD Gateway Logins: If you are copying a user with TTORD gateway logins, check this option to copy the TTORD gateway logins.
Note: If the user is assigned multiple TTORDs, you can copy the TTORDs as they are, but the option to create a new TTORD with the same risk limits is disabled.
- To use the same TTORD, select Reuse the same TTORDs.
- To create a new TTORD that has the same credit and product limits, select Create a new TTORD with the same risk limits, enter a new Member, Group, and Trader, and then enter an Account if desired.
- Copy Customer Defaults: Copy the customer defaults to the new user.
- Copy Account Defaults: Copy the account defaults to the new user.
- Select the options as needed and then click Continue Copy.
TT User Setup copies the user based on the selected options and opens the New User window.
- Enter Login information for the new user and edit any other user specific settings (like Contact and User Risk settings).
Customer Defaults is populated with any copied customer defaults.
IRefer to Creating and Managing X_TRADER Customer Defaults if needed.
Gateway Logins is populated with any copied gateway logins.
Edit the gateway logins as needed.
Note: If you copied any TTORDs, remember to edit the gateway login and update the Account numbers if needed.
- Edit the settings on the remaining tabs as needed. When you are finished, click Save.