What’s New in X_TRADER®?
X_TRADER® 7.17 includes the following new enhancements and changes:
- In conjunction with a new X_TRADER ASP ASP environment in TTNET, X_TRADER® 7.17 users can route orders to multiple brokers from the same X_TRADER® or Autospreader MD Trader instance. You can also view and filter orders, fills, and positions by broker.
- The Routing Rules feature allows you to split an order into separate portions that can be routed through different brokers and TT Gateways. Refer to Routing Rules Overview and Applying Routing Rules.
- From one Autospreader MD Trader window, you can now select different brokers and customer accounts for each leg of your spread, as well as apply Payup Ticks to the legs and set Queue Holder orders and Reload Offset. The Configuration Dialog Box has also been streamlined and allows you to preview your spread before launching it in the market. Other features include support of the new Sniper order type in the spread pane. Refer to the Autospreader Online Help for more details.
- X_TRADER now supports multiple logins (connections) to the same TT Gateway per TT Username. To help you identify your multiple connections, X_TRADER displays a user-defined alias for each order gateway connection in the Customer Defaults window, Market Grid, Routing Configuration Dialog box, and Order Management windows. Refer to Identifying Multiple Gateway Connections in X_TRADER.
- You can now set visual, audible, and email alerts to help monitor your risk settings using the Alerts Manager feature available in the X_TRADER control panel. Refer to Introduction to the Alerts Manager.
- TT Gateways are now available per market in the Market Explorer. Products and product types are now displayed per market instead of per exchange-flavor TT Gateway (e.g., CME-A). Refer to Introduction to the Market Explorer.
- In MD Trader, you can select products and product types using the new Instrument Explorer. This allows you to select instruments directly from an open MD Trader instance, and makes it easier to locate and roll contracts. You can also access the Instrument Explorer from the Market Grid in the Market Window. Refer to Using the Instrument Explorer in MD Trader and Using the Instrument Explorer in the Market Grid.
- You can filter working orders, net position, and average price per broker, account, or order routing TT Gateway from the MD Trader window. Refer to Filtering Orders and the Broker and Gateway/Customer List column descriptions in MD Trader Field Descriptions.
- Floating Time and Sales windows can be launched by selecting a contract in the Market Grid. Displayed trade quantities can be accumulated within a set time interval when multiple trades occur at the same price level. Refer to Floating Time and Sales Window.
- You can schedule fill exports using the Fills Pane Export settings in the Global Properties menu. Refer to Fills Pane Export.
- The Order Book and Fill Window offer the same functionality as the Orders and Fills Window, but are now separate windows to better support filtering and tab views. Refer to Order Book and Fill Window.
- Trading windows can be snapped together and moved as a separate object within your workspace. Refer to Window Management.
- The Global Properties within X_TRADER have been reorganized and now include a separate search function. The Properties menu can be launched from all context menus within each X_TRADER window and pane. Refer to Global Properties.
- Added the ability for Direct Traders to enter orders on behalf of TTORD customers who are mapped to that Direct Trader's Membership (M) and Group (G). Refer to On Behalf Of Orders .
- X_TRADER® 7.17.10 can be deployed using the new TT Update installation process which greatly simplifies upgrading to new versions. Refer to the TT Update help section on the TT Website for more information.
- X_TRADER® 7.17.10 is part of a system-wide enhancement that allows execution desks to pass working orders to other groups without the need to share an order book. Refer to Introduction to Order Passing .
- The Monitoring Username (e.g., Tag 50 on CME) can now be changed from the X_TRADER® Control Panel to any user in your shared order book. Refer to Changing a Monitoring Username Using the Gateway Login Dialog .
- X_TRADER® 7.17.50 introduces Aggregator, which provides for the presentation and trading of like contracts on one trading interface. Refer to Introduction to Aggregator.
- X_TRADER® 7.17.50 also includes a new standalone Depth Window that displays either detailed or aggregated market depth for a specific contract. A floating version can be launched from Market Grid to display depth for the currently selected contract. Refer to Introduction to the Depth Window.
- X_TRADER® 7.17.80 and higher supports MiFID II compliance. Refer to X_TRADER Support for MiFID II.
Identifying Multiple Gateway Connections in X_TRADER
If your Universal Login ID (username) is configured in TT User Setup 7.17 to connect to the same TT Gateway with multiple exchange credentials, you may have an alias defined for each TT Gateway login (MGT). If so, it is displayed in X_TRADER order entry, order management, and customer defaults windows to help differentiate between the multiple connections.
If no alias name was configured in TT User Setup for the MGT used for logging in to the gateway, you’ll see a numeric value appended in parenthesis when it is displayed in X_TRADER. This value is automatically generated by TT User Setup. You’ll also see this value if the alias names are duplicates. Refer to the following examples: