We are seeking an enthusiastic and motivated Site Reliability Engineer/DevOps to join our Chicago Operations team. The ideal candidate will have strong software development skills as well as technical abilities across the IT operations stack (hardware, networking, middleware, database and applications). This a SaaS operations position with a strong DevOps component that requires ability to script and code at a production-quality level. Ideal candidate has a software development background with a passion for operations and drive to automate. Technical leadership and ability to handle high pressure situations is a must as you will be called upon to troubleshoot and remediate production impacting incidents in real time.
- Design and develop applications, tools and scripts. This will include implementing new applications/tools as well as enhancing and maintaining existing functionality and monitoring solutions.
- Continuous improvement of system and application monitoring and automation
- Frontline break/fix support for production trading application delivered via SaaS
- Action infrastructure, system and network alerts and remediate production issues
- Monitoring of infrastructure, systems and application availability, performance and capacity.
- Leads engagement with software developers and infrastructure engineers to integrate software development and delivery from inception to full operation, ensuring robust released software and systems, typically for high traffic services or key infrastructure.
- Inform management on the progress of production impacting incidents
- Create and deliver knowledge sharing presentations and documentation to developers and Operations teams
- BS/BA or equivalent practical experience in related discipline
- 3-5 years experience supporting 24/7 mission critical applications or services
- Must be self-directed, flexible, and have the ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- 3-5 years experience in software development or writing production quality code in a variety of programming languages (Python, Perl, Bash, etc).
- Experience with web service interfaces, e.g., REST, JSON, XML, XQuery
- Experience with deployment automation and related tools, like Chef or Puppet
- Experience with infrastructure and system monitoring tools like Nagios, Icinga, Splunk, etc.
- Experience with Linux operating systems and system administration
- Outstanding problem solving, troubleshooting and decision making skills required
- Experience working with AWS infrastructures a plus
- Experience with DevOps practices plus
- Familiarity with ITSM concepts a plus
- Experience working in an Agile environment a plus
This listing has expired.
Trading Technologies (TT) is an equal opportunity employer. Equal employment has been, and continues to be a required practice at the Company. Trading Technologies’ practice of equal employment opportunity is to recruit, hire, train, promote and base all employment decisions on ability, rather than race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected status. Additionally, TT participates in the E-Verify Program.