Trading Technologies creates professional trading software, infrastructure and data solutions for a wide variety of users, including proprietary traders, brokers, money managers, CTAs, hedge funds, commercial hedgers and risk managers. In addition to providing access to the world’s major international exchanges and liquidity venues via its TT® trading platform, TT offers domain-specific technology for cryptocurrency trading and machine-learning tools for real-time trade surveillance.
We are currently seeking a driven and inventive Systems Engineer to join our team. The team architects, implements and supports global hybrid compute and storage services for our development and production environments. In this role, you will be responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of infrastructure that supports our high performance trading platform and automating the delivery of existing and new infrastructure services. An ideal candidate is someone who has a passion for technology, automation and innovation; who brings a strong technical knowledge and experience of the entire infrastructure stack to bear in support of both standardized and in-house built applications.
What Will You Be Involved With?
- Partner with IT, Security, and Engineering teams to develop, deploy, stabilize and maintain secure system infrastructure aligning improvements to internal standards and current best practices.
- Support large scale Windows, Linux, SAN storage, and virtualization environments (e.g. Nutanix, VMware vSphere, Microsoft Azure, and Amazon Web Services)
- Manage corporate Active Directory and Google Workspace (e.g., GSuite)
- Develop migration of corporate systems to provisioning and automation via scripting (e.g., PowerShell, Bash and Python) and centralized orchestration tools (e.g., Chef)
- Drive a culture of change management that prioritizes planning and communications to eliminate unplanned downtime.
- Enable monitoring/observability, configuration, and patch management across all IT infrastructure.
- Analyze end to end design of our systems, tools and processes. Identify gaps in existing requirements, workflows and design.
- Administer disaster recovery solutions, including local and cloud backups to Azure and AWS.
- Manage and support remote access technologies, including GlobalProtect and Windows RDS.
- Participate in weekly on-call rotation for purposes of routine scheduled maintenance and deployments
- Troubleshoot issues and outages of both hardware and supported software.
- Create and maintain documentation for procedures and systems.
- Mentor and support junior team members and colleagues.
Qualifications & TT Culture
- What You Bring to the Table:
- Proven experience as a driven team player who will excel within a highly communicative and collaborative environment – this role necessitates the ability to consistently provide excellent customer service and to effectively partner with team members and other company stakeholders through articulate verbal and written communication
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field, and at least 3+ years of relevant work experience
- Operating systems management skills, with a proven background in Windows administration. Linux (RHEL/CentOS) exposure a plus
- History supporting virtualized environments on centralized storage, e.g., AWS services and infrastructure, Nutanix, VMware vSphere, KVM
- Experience with performance and hardware troubleshooting, including high-performance compute
- Proficiency with scripting languages, with an emphasis on PowerShell, Python and Bash; DevOps and Deployment a plus
- Background in networking concepts and routing protocols
- What We Bring to the Table:
- Competitive benefits, including: medical, dental, vision, FSA, 401(k) and pre-tax transit/parking
- Flexible work schedules, 22 PTO (paid time off) days per year with the ability to roll over days into the following year, robust paid holiday schedule with early dismissal, generous parental leave (for all genders and staff, including adoptive parents) and backup child care
- Tech resources, including: company-provided Mac or PC laptop and/or mobile phone of your choice, “rent-to-own” plans that deduct the buyout price of company-provided tech resources overtime; and a tech accessories budget for monitors, headphones, keyboards, etc.
- Stipends and subsidy contributions toward personally-owned cell phones and laptops, gym memberships, and health/wellness initiatives (including weight-loss and smoking cessation)
- Casual dress code and inspiring, motivating office environment
- Forward-thinking, culture-based organization with collaborative teams that promote diversity and inclusion through efforts such as TT Women in Tech
- Internal culture committee dedicated to evolving company-wide camaraderie through onsite, offsite and international team-building events
Trading Technologies (TT) is an equal opportunity employer. Equal employment has been, and continues to be a required practice at the Company. Trading Technologies’ practice of equal employment opportunity is to recruit, hire, train, promote and base all employment decisions on ability, rather than race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected status. Additionally, TT participates in the E-Verify Program for our US offices.