CFE Gateway Documentation
- CFE Gateway And The Exchange
- Installing And Upgrading
- Configuring Global Settings
- Configuring Market Data
- Configuring Order Management
- Configuration Parameters
- Disaster Recovery
Before you Install
You must be logged into the gateway server with Administrator rights when performing any of the CFE Gateway installation tasks.
If you previously installed TT software onto your machine, the Gateway software automatically installs to the same location.
Also, depending upon the environment of the machine on which you install the TT Gateway, you may receive several informative or question prompt boxes. If a task discusses such a prompt box, and you do not receive the prompt box, skip to the next step.
During an installation, the CFE Gateway installs the following software packages, which can be uninstalled using the Add or Remove Programs dialog box:
- CFE Gateway Components (includes standard TT Gateway files and utilities)
- TT Chron
- TT Messaging (TTM Only)
TT Gateways 7.16 and higher contain Guardian/GuardServer 7.9.2. If you are currently using or planning to use TT API, please discuss the licensing implications with your TAM prior to installing the gateway.
Installation and Upgrade Requirements
TT Gateways 7.16 and higher fully support the Window Server 2008 R2 64-bit operating system.
Window Server 2008 R2 64-bit is the only version of Windows Server 2008 supported by TT.
You can also install TT Gateways 7.16 on machines running Windows Server 2003.
CFE Gateways support two types of installation procedures:
- GUI Interface Installation: Provides dialog boxes that guide the user through the installation process. Recommended when installing the CFE Gateway on a small number of servers.
- Command Line Installation: Provides command line entries to automate the installation process. Recommended when performing multiple unattended installations on a large number of servers.
You can combine both types of installations.
Depending on the implementation, the command line installation can suppress some or all of the dialog boxes that appear during the GUI install. You can use the command line to automate similar install choices, then run the GUI install to customize unique options.
Regardless of the installation method, when adding a new TT Gateway flavor to your trading environment, you must restart TT User Setup before the new flavor will appear.