Eurex Gateway Documentation
- TT Gateway And The Exchange
- Installing And Upgrading
- Configuring Global Settings
Configuring Market Data
- Understanding The EMDI Price Feed
- Configuring the Price Server Connection to EMDI
- Configuring Price Server Product Subscriptions
- Configuring Price Server Product Subscriptions By Membership Type
- Calculating VAP on Eurex Gateways
- Support for Number of Orders and Market Depth
- Support for Phelix Products
- Configuring ETI Order Management
- Connecting To The Eurex Clearing Interface
- Disaster Recovery
Connection Failure and Recovery
When the customer has only one Eurex Gateway and it fails, the trader must call his member clearing firm to delete orders, place orders, etc., on the exchange in question. The Order Server connection to the Enhanced Trading Interface (ETI) persists all GTC and GTDate orders by default; otherwise, order persistence is configured per username in TT User Setup.
For more information regarding the types of Failover supported on the TT Eurex Gateway, refer to the TT Gateway Failover Feature Guide.
Points of Failure
The points of potential systems failure when using the Eurex Gateway include the Gateway itself, the exchange host, and all network devices between these objects. This chapter’s discussion is restricted to total software and/or hardware failure, its specific impact on TT Eurex Gateways, and available options for disaster recovery.