OSE Gateway Documentation
- OSE Gateway And The Exchange
- Installing And Upgrading
- Configuring Global Settings
- Configuring Market Data
Configuring The Order Server
- Understanding Order Management
- Order and Fill Server Files
- Configuring Order and Fill Server Connections
- Configuring Multi-Session and Multi-Member
- Configuring Order Management
- Supported Order Types
- Configuring Give Up Orders / Account Codes
- OSE Auto Give-up and Auto-allocation Order Processing
- HST Algorithm Flag Support
- OSE Gateway Recovery
- Configuration Parameters
- Configuration Parameters: Multi Member
Single Gateway Failure
When the customer has only one OSE Gateway, and it fails, all traders’ orders behave as configured with the Exchange through the Order API.
When setting up their membership with the Exchange, clients pre-configure order behavior during a Gateway failure. When a single OSE Gateway fails during trading hours, the Exchange either:
- Places all orders in an inactive state and deletes them at the end of the trading day
- Keeps orders working in the market
Clients pre-configure this behavior with the Exchange. This configuration occurs independent of the OSE Gateway. In both cases, traders stop receiving data (prices, fills, order data) from the OSE Gateway.
Gateway Software Recovery
After a failure, TTChron restarts any components scheduled to be running. After a successful restart of the Gateway, the following activities occur:
- Fills: From the Exchange, the TT OSE Gateway requests and downloads all successful fills. The TT OSE Gateway does not download any fill information that has already been received from the Exchange.
- Orders: Upon reconnect, traders’ can resume trading. The
TT OSE Gateway downloads all order information from the Exchange.
The Order Book will be correctly populated: all working orders are
displayed as “working;” all inactive orders are displayed as “on
The Order Server synthetically keeps all inactive orders “on hold” upon disconnect. If the ResubmitOnStartup parameter is set to 1 in hostinfo.cfg, the Order Server automatically resubmits all inactive orders upon reconnecting to the Exchange.
Gateway Hardware Recovery
TT OSE Gateways that suffer hardware failure are unable to go back online until the situation is rectified via replacement of the affected components.
When failed hardware is replaced or corrected, and the system is restarted, recovery processes are identical to those listed in Gateway Software Recovery.