Crypto. TT. And FREE.* Now that’s a combo worth writing about!
You can now trade cryptocurrencies for free through what we believe is the world’s greatest trading platform. Traders have been asking us for this functionality, and I’m excited to bring it to market. Yes, any exchange trading commission fees still apply, but we will charge no fees to use TT software. Here’s the scoop on that, with a little background to start.
Trading Technologies is a 24-year-old company providing software and services for the trading industry. Our lead product is a front-end platform simply known as TT®. Professional traders use TT as their trading interface to route orders to exchanges around the world. Most exchanges that TT connects to today are global futures exchanges. On March 1, we launched a connection to our first cryptocurrency spot market, Coinbase’s Global Digital Asset Exchange (GDAX). Traders are using TT today to trade spot crypto, and many are benefitting from having bitcoin futures and spot on the same screen by trading the difference between the two, known as the basis.
Today, we launched a separate and dedicated crypto-only version of our platform that we’re calling TT® Crypto. TT Crypto is a lightweight, cloud-based, scalable, high-performance (e.g., microsecond-fast) version of the TT platform.
With this sleek new infrastructure, we can now open it up to the masses and offer it for no fee. TT Crypto provides all the same functionality of TT that professional traders rely on, such as:
- Customizable trading screen
- Ability to do single-click trading on an elegant vertical trade ladder
- Professional-grade charting and analytics tools
- Advanced order types, such as bracket, iceberg, OCO, trailing limit and our own soon-to-be-released version of a post-only order type
- Our Autospreader® engine for auto-trading differential levels between two different digital assets
- Our ADL® DIY trading algorithm builder that allows a user to set logic based on their own creativity. ADL is a great tool for market-making programs. You can even import your own data through Excel.
- 24/7 market access—just like the exchanges
- Fully functional mobile apps for iOS and Android, a rarity in crypto!
TT is not an exchange, we’re not a wallet or custodian, and we’re not a market-maker. We are a front-end system, and we route your orders to an exchange. We provide trading infrastructure. Today, we route orders to Coinbase’s GDAX exchange. In time, it is likely we will grow the list of exchanges we connect to.
To get set up to trade on TT Crypto, you first have to open and fund a GDAX account at www.gdax.com. Once you’ve done that, you can create a TT Crypto login at crypto.trade.tt and follow our easy steps to connect it to your Coinbase account.
So check it out today at tt-crypto.com. We’ve been doing this for many years, feel like we have a great product for the broader market, and we’re excited to see what kind of positive impact TT Crypto can have on maturing and furthering the efficiency of cryptocurrency markets.
*TT Crypto is free of charge. Note however that GDAX charges still apply.